Parts 2

Madhuri Dixit as Laya Kapur
Anil Kapoor as Jai Verma
Sumeet Raghavan as Karan Kapur
Preity Zinta As Tina Verma
...........................................................

Jai had to be professional. He therefore ignored the encounter and treated her accordingly. The operation lasted 40 minutes. After that, she was moved to a room.

Karan (Laya's husband) was already waiting for her.
Karan: Doctor Doctor ... She is ok? everything is okey? ah ? Please make my wife healthy!"
Jai (doctor): "Everything is fine. We will take care of her. She will be fine. She will get more treatments later. There are a few things that need to be clarified.....
Ahmm So take care. I must to go. Goodbye."
Karan:"Thank you Doctor. Thaaaaaank youuuuuu. Ahh. I'm so glad now. God. Okey Doctor. See you then."

Jai was surprised. Karan no longer knew him. Or he ignored him. He was confused.

Jai drove home

Tina (Jai's wife): "At last you know where your home is! Where have you been?"
Jai: "Roop should call you!"
Tina: "Yes she did! When will you understand this ... This is your home and not your hospital! There are enough doctors there. Why do you always have to spend so much time there ?!"
Jai: "And when will you understand that I am a doctor? I always have to be ready! It was an emergency and Singh was not available. What should I do? Come home and celebrate your birthday While she was fighting for her life.??..."
Tina: "I understand you. But Jai we hardly see each other. You are always in the hospital. Darling I miss you and I will spend more time with you... I'm so sorry. I overreacted. Look what I have cooked. Come ..."

Jai and Tina ate together. They didn't really celebrate their birthday. Jai was with Laya with thoughts.

Tina: "Jai!"
Jai: "Yes honey!"
Tina: "In two weeks my father will be back from Australia. We can then organize a big party. Celebrate my birthday and hmm ..."
Jai: "Yes we can!"
Tina: "We can celebrate two things together!"

Jai wasn't really listening. He only thought of Laya. Laya and the past.

Tina: "Jai!"
Jai: "Yes darling!"
Tina: "Are you listening to me at all?"
Jai: "We can do it the way you want it!"
Tina: "All right, Jai. It's our wedding day in two weeks. We'll celebrate this and my birthday together. If you forget, I know how important I am to you. I won't organize anything. Do everything. If you don't do it, then I mean nothing to you anymore!"

Tina got up and walked into the bedroom.  Jai looked at the table...

He also went into the bedroom late midnight.

Tina and Jai were woken up early in the morning. Someone called him.

Tina:"Oooooooof!!! It's 5 o clock in the morning who to hell is it?"
Jai:"Hospital! I must go to the hospital!"
Tina:"Really Jai!"

She was sooooo angry.

Jai drove to the hospital.

Nurse: "Doctor. We've had all the treatments and exams. But ??"
Jai: "But ??"
Nurse: "She had a cardiac arrest yesterday. We resuscitated her."
Jai: "Why are you not calling me !!!!! How is she now ???"

Jai was angry, shocked, and sad at the same time.

Nurse: "She is fine. She will be under surveillance for 24 hours. Doctor Singh will carry out the checks."
Jai: "No! I will do all the checks and I will keep her under surveillance for 24 hours and longer! Got it?"
Nurse: "Yes doctor!"

Karan was sitting on the chair. He looked down and cried. Jai went to him.

Karan: "You said she was fine! And? She had a cardiac arrest. Her heart stopped doctor!"
Jai: "I have to go into her room to treat her. I'm sorry. I'll try everything."
Karan: "Do your best Jai!!! I don't want to live without her!"

Jai looked at Karan with questioning eyes.
Karan, however, looked at Jai with angry eyes.

Jai wanted to go into Laya's room ...
Karan: "Work with your mind and not with your heart!"