Eco Adventures

During the summer months Chloe with her older brother Brody and his two best friends Margaret and Molly must prepare their Seaside Shack along with the chickens for the hurricane in storm season.

Brody goes to the salvage yard and picks up 8 Old accordion shutters of aluminum. He stacks cording shutters on his fishing boat and then close his sailboat behind with other supplies who are The Shack.

Ask to bring back all the supplies to the shack and unloading both boats Brody again leaves to pick up more supplies.
When he arrives back in the harbor he sees the three girls waiting for him.

He tells them that he needs to pick up more supplies but they can put work they want on the boats.

Brody's point of view

As I collect more supplies to put on the boat I just imagined of all the girly stuff they brought. I look at my little buddy Cole and we just go back to the salvage yard to get more supplies.

When Brody arrives on the boat with his Boston Terrier told he sees that mr. Crackers the parakeet G the gecko and mr. T the soft sell turtle are all arriving to the campground and the shack.

Once is all the children are on board with their pets and supplies they leave to the little Island.

Brody's point of view

When all of them arrive on the island they begin to unload the boat then they unload the sailboat when they find all the supplies. I explain to a girl that we need to put cinder blocks underneath the shack to raise it up so that way when the water rises we're able to put all 16 cinder blocks underneath the Shay as well as two wooden pilings now the Shack is 4 feet higher to help with flooding. Then they take the metal accordion shutters and put them around the bottom of the check for strength and stability. The last put important item that they finish is they make wooden awnings over the two windows that can be closed and used as shutters for storms.

It takes the children 10 days of constant work to finish all the upgrades and repairs

Brody's point of view

After doing all the repairs and putting in all the hard work the girls are complaining they want to go on an adventure I know this on the map there are uninhabited atolls not too far from where HomeBase  that is. I also believe that now with these repairs are small Island Getaway is more prepared for the storm season the chickens will have to come back with us if a bad storm comes but they're home and Coop are more secure as well as our Shack.

Plus our Shack is on an island that is surrounded by other Islands that make up a mangrove for that will help if any storm comes also our security team of the Pelican Serge with his other bird friends we should be okay.

So we pack up the small sailboat the four of us get on board with some food and supplies and I make sure I tie up the fishing boat securely to a coconut tree and wrap it around a mangrove tree as well I tie the rope to both trees to make sure that the fishing boat will not break free.

The girls decide to sing songs as I am stuck selling the boat to the destination ahead they're driving me crazy give it up to me are We There Yet every 5 minutes. I want to yell at them and say shut up which I know I can do with the older girl but Chloe would get upset so I bite my tongue and don't say anything. Upon arriving on the small Sandy Beach Cole begins to sniff which is okay I just make sure he doesn't run off and I make sure he's attached to his leash mr. G mr. T as well as mr. Crackers are all back at the shack where they can be safe

I noticed that there are a lot of turtle nesting areas to this must be a turtle Refuge. As the girls go exploring I sit on the beach with the boat and just rest when I know this all the turtles are hatching