Girls??

(Y/n) PoV

It was a few days after what happened and everyone had filled me in on what crocell did.

Hanji wouldn't stop apologising for loosing my diary and the other cadets kept finding blankets to keep me warm as my legs would go blue from the cold.
It was only after mikasa lit a fire for my feet did they stop worrying.
Erwin and Levi were quiet but always hovering around. What happened to those two while I was gone.

Right now, I'm sat in the triage, talking to the injured soldiers and slowly acclimating to the temperature of the room.
Hanji wanted to ask me a whole load of questions and do some tests but Erwin told her not yet.
I waited until all the soldiers fell asleep before walking to try and find mikasa. A pit of guilt had formed in my stomach ever since I heard what I did to her, I had to talk to her.

I found her dorm and knocked on the door, asking Ymir if mikasa was in there.
Mikasa walked out the room and followed me to the captains office which I was given, not sure how but I was.

"How are you feeling?" Was my first question, looking at her neck to see if I had scratched it.

"I'm fine, no need to worry about me. Have you warmed up to the room temperature yet?" She said, looking at me under a blanket.
"Yes mostly, a lot better than I was" I smiled, sitting down at the desk.

My eyes filled with guilt.
"May I call you mikasa?" I asked first.
"Or would you prefer cadet Ackerman?"

"Just mikasa" she replied, sitting on a chair.

"Okay good, I wanted to say I'm really sorry for what I- or crocell- did to you... I wasn't in control and he's not very friendly at the best of times." I hummed, looking to the floor.

I didn't see mikasa's face but she stood up and walked over to me, lifting my chin and gave me a soft smile.
"It's alright, I'm not hurt and it's not your fault" she hummed, kissing my forehead softly.

I feel my cheeks heat up, pushing some very obvious colour onto my cold face.
"I'm glad you're okay, you must be really skilled to be able to hold your own against a demon" I tried to compliment.

Bear in mind I have not been around people in over ten years so I don't know how this shit works.

Mikasa softens her face.
"Thank you, I'm sure our skills are comparable to one another's, it'd be fun to see who'd win in a fight."

Is this flirting??

Uhhhhhh

Say something I think this is awkward now!!

I hesitated for a while, not sure what to say.
"Um yeah it'd be great to see how well you can fight" my hand reached up on instinct, brushing your against her jaw.
'So strong' I thought.

She winked.
"Well have to organise that captain. Now you should sleep~" she hummed, kissing my nose this time and walking to the door.
I blink in shock.
"U-Um y-yeah goodnight" I stutter, watching her leave the room.

I feel my heart pound louder than it ever has before.
What the fuck is wrong with me?

To clear my head I walk down to the kitchens, looking to see if someone kept my rations or not.
I walk in, head to the barrels of food only to see one tipped up and half eaten.

"Hello?"
"AHH!" A person screamed at me in response.

"Wow, usually people are scared when they see me not when they hear me this is a first" I giggle, watching the head of sasha pop up over the table.

"C-c-captain what are you doing here??" She stuttered.
"Grabbing some water and a bit of bread. Why? Stealing rations are we?" I ask sitting on the table Sasha was curled up under.

She had crumbs all around her face and food skins on the floor.

She gasped, going into a nervous panic.
I lean down, teasingly smirking.
"It would be such a shame to all those men to know who stole their rations don't you think? I'm sure they would be more than pissed" I purr, lying down on the cold metal table.

"PLEASE DONT TELL ANYONE I WONT EAT ANYMORE!!" She whined, begging.

I chuckle and put my finger under her chin.
"Tell anyone what? That a rat broke into the kitchen and ate some potatoes?" I ask innocently, grabbing one myself and eating it.
I carve bite marks into the barrel and grab the poor girl.
She sighs in relief, hugging and thanking me.

I hum.
"Don't thank me sweetie" I tap her nose making her face flush with blood red cheeks.
She leaned up and kissed my cheek before running out the room, catching me off guard.

"THANK YOU CAPTAIN!" She shouted, disappearing from sight.

Such a strange girl.
I walk out the room, walking to my room only to bump into a panicked section commander.

"Oof-"
"Ack! Oh (y/n) there you are!! I was worried since you weren't in your room" she yelped, picking me off the floor and standing up herself.

I giggle.
"It's okay hanji, actually, there is something I want to give you" I smile, grabbing her wrist and running to her room.

"This room used to be mine when I worked here.
I started tapping at the walls making hanji tilt her head.
I pulled away the bed and tapped on a brick, making it fall behind the wall and lift up a plank of wood.
Under was the real version of my diary.

"Here, I made that other one for people to find Incase something like today does happen.
It might answer a few of your questions before we do tests?" I suggest, getting tackled into a hug as I stood up.

"YOU HAVE ANOTHER!!" She screamed, causing my ears to ring.
"Ouch. Yes I do, here" I hum, handing it to her.

"For your eyes only and that's it!" I tell her and she nods.

"Thank you thank you thank you!!" She screams, kissing me directly on the lips again.
I don't think she meant to because I can feel her shock against my lips.

My eyes widen but neither of us move.
I let it happen for a moment, watching her shut her eyes and wrap her arms around my waist.

My heart pounds again and my head spins, making me kiss back, tangling my fingers in her hair.

After a very long moment, she pulled away, pulling my heart strings with her.

"(Y/n)" she said, sitting me down.
"When I saw you get s-shot with those bullets. All I could think was what I had never said to you... what I didn't take the chance to do...."

My heart pounded as I pulled her onto my lap.

"(Y-y/n).... I-i—

——————
Hey guys important announcement,
For personal reasons I'm going to reduce the number of updates to twice a week. This is mainly due to writers block as I'm trying to decide weather to add another arc or to go straight to love.
Straight to love stuff seems a bit short cut for me so I'm leaning against it but I haven't got any other ideas for another story arc other than another final court trial which makes a lot more sense but writers block is a bitch ya know

Anyway, just letting you guys know.
Thanks for the love and support
-Abbi