Pheonix

3rd PoV

Gone!
Their bed covers were all over the place but it didn't look like they just woke up.

Maids came through and cleaned the covers.

Levi's eyes widened in shock as the smell of burning wood wafted under his nose.
Suddenly, section commander hanji ran through the corridor behind them.

"THEY TOOK THEIR BOOK!! GIVE IT BACK I DONT HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS YET!" She screamed, making other cadets wake up and walk out of their room.

Medics and the military police were running away from hanji holding books and photos.

Jean ran after hanji, calling for the rest of the cadets, Eren, mikasa, Armin, Sasha, Connie all running straight after.

Then came Reiner, bertholdt and Ymir close behind, Christa following behind the group.
Erwin and Levi started running too, joining the commotion, but the whole team were too late.

The group watched as a body was tossed into the middle of the flames and all papers and pictures tossed too.
Hanji fell to the floor, others looked in horror as the blankets around the (gender) fell off.
Showing their (hair colour and type) hair singeing and starting to burn up. The blanket and clothes burned quickly only leaving their skin to turn red and black with the ashes.

Anger filled Eren, if he had the strength he'd transform and blow out every flame.
Bertholdt and reigner stood in silence, only looking to each other in sadness and regret.
They had met a few times with the demon in question but only after their destruction of wall Maria.

Erwin shouted first.
"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!" He screamed.
Sasha running inside to grab buckets, pulling mikasa and Connie with her.

"Orders from the inner walls, the demon disobeyed direct orders and now must pay for their crimes.
It was seen that immediate action must be taken" a commander said calmly, smirking at the scouts.

More and more scouts gathered, most shocked at the action while others slightly relieved.

Armin was the only one who wasn't in as much shock as the others in his group.
As anger heated up between the military police and the scout teams, words of fire being spat between the two groups, Armin handed Eren over Jean. He walked closer, not being noticed by anyone other than Hanji.

She raised an eyebrow but was too shocked to say a word.

"They're not burning" he muttered, standing at the edge of the fire.
Hanji heard and lifted her head, crawling up to the boy.

"Say that again" she whispered.

"They aren't burning!" He spoke louder, a smile suddenly appearing on his face.
Levi froze, turning to see the two.
"They aren't burning?" He muttered, looking up to the sky.

"Birds" he chuckled, making everyone else slowly stop fighting.

"Hey Erwin, look up" he spoke in his usual monotone voice.
Erwin looked to see a flock of the same bird flying above.
His eyes widened and he ran to the side of the fire, next to the two mad scientists.

"HEY! YOU CANT GET CLOSE TO THEM!" The military police commander yelled, only for his pleas to fall on deaf ears as the squad walked forward, all staring at the flames.

At first there was nothing, all just watching a body act like pottery.
Then a twitch.
And another.
Then a cough.
And a splutter.

Until the person in the flames started to cough something up, sitting up straight in the pile of flames.
Black shadows formed around them but they were only shadows.

The coughing stopped and the team held their breath.
"Who the fuck shot me in the throat?" The  person growled, dropping a melted iron bullet onto the ground.

Levi smirked, hearing the familiar sarcastic voice.
The whole team let out an obvious but worried sigh, smiles appearing on their faces.

The military police screamed, forcing the demon to turn their head.
Only causing the demon to roar out with laughter.

The silence of the forest echoing with the laughter that had been gone for too many years.
"Yall HAHA -y-yall really" (y/n) could barely breathe and wiped their eyes of their tears of joy.

"Yall thought you could kill a demon with FIRE!!" They giggled, causing the rest of the team to snigger at how stupid it sounds now.

"You really are dumb ass mother fuckers" they said, standing up and showing off the shadows of golden wings and horns, but opening their eyes to show their perfect (e/c) orbs.

The military police stood in shock, shaking as they tried to grab their bullets only to get shoved away by Sasha Connie and Mikasa holding buckets and troughs of water, chucking it into the flames to slowly put out the fire.

The demon, still in hysterics, walked down the rest of the team. Black shadows formed around them covering up where the flames had burnt their clothes.

"Okay, once I step out of these flames, i will burn you if you touch me okay? So no hugs unless- OOF" (y/n) couldn't even finish their sentence before getting tugged out of the flames and into three layers of towels and attacked with 26 arms all snaking around them.

"We don't care" hanji whispered, sobbing into the cloths and make shift towels.
"We're just happy you're safe (y/n)" Erwin hummed, earning a silent nod from Levi.
"You'll be surprised at how much we all missed you" Connie said.
"Armin kept pacing round my room last night worried for you" Eren giggled as Armin gasped and blushed.
"I was holding you up Eren because you couldn't lie down" he snapped back.
"I told the commander what the medics were planning although they lied about the times" Jean said proudly.
"Show off" growled Sasha.
"I was hoping to get to know you better and it was strange without you" mikasa muttered, only just heard by the demon in the middle.
"WE ALL MISSED YOU" cried the group, making the captain giggle.

"It's okay I'm here" they hummed, trying to comfort them knowing they didn't have much time left inside the walls.
Enjoying the moment while they could.

The military police tried to hold guns to the demons head but were met with the 100 swords and guns of the scouts defending the group on Commander Erwin's orders.
They growled.
"The judge will hear about this Erwin" the commander sneered before leaving with his patrol.

————————
That was intense guys wasn't it!!!
I hoped you guys liked this little story arc.
Due to a lot of support I'll be writing a yandere x reader as my next book while I think of plans for a part 2.

Because of personal circumstances I can't write two books at the same time.
So I hope you guys understand and I'll see you guys soon!

-Abbi