Battle of Fairy Tail pt. 1

POV change (Back to 3rd person)

"What are you planning?" Gray asked, ignoring the guild members as they ran out of the guild to stop Laxus.

"I'll take down Evergreen, Bickslow, and Freed first," Alex said, walking to the door. "Then I'll take on Laxus. The battle should end pretty quickly after that." Gray nodded and ran ahead, probably to stop their guildmates from doing something stupid before Alex took care of the Raijinshuu.

Alex walked over to the entryway, ready to leave, when she found she couldn't. Annoyed, she pressed her hand against what seemed to be a barrier.

Alex scowled as the Master ran face-first into it.

"Gramps!" Gray shouted, turning back. He ran over to where the Master was.

"An invisible wall?" Master asked, confused.

"Don't be silly!" Gray said. "There's nothing there!" He started pulling on the Master. "Why aren't you doing anything?" He asked, turning to Alex.

She faced him, a scowl still on her face. "It looks like Freed took extra precautions," She told, him annoyed. She backed away from the barrier and pulled the Master away as well. Freed's runes appeared above them.

"What does it say?" Gray asked, concerned.

"Those older than 80, stone statues, and Alex may not pass," Master said, staring thoughtfully at the runes.

"So Freed's thought ahead, has he?" Alex growled, crossing her arms. "How annoying of him."

"It took a long time to write the runes," Master grumbled. "It is not suited for a sudden battle, but when it comes to setting traps, there's nothing better."

"Can't you break it down, Gramps?" Gray asked.

"The rune's rules are absolute!" Master answered.

Alex leaned against the wall, annoyed. They planned for everything, didn't they? "Levy should be able to disable the runes," She commented, facing Gray. "Evergreen should be a top priority for the moment. She needs to release the girls from her stone."

Gray nodded and took off running. Alex crossed her arms and sat down on a bench, scowling. There wasn't much she could do until the girls were freed, unfortunately. Alex powered down for a moment and looked at to Reedus. He was the only other person to stay in the guildhall besides the Dragon Slayers and Master.

"Who's there?" Master asked, turning towards him. "Reedus."

"I'm scared of Laxus," Reedus admitted. Alex snorted and looked away. Who wasn't?

"Fine, fine," Master responded. "Instead, I'd like you to pay a visit to Porlyusica in then East Forest. She might have have some potion for that'll cure petrification."

"Bad idea," Alex said, shaking her head. "If I know Freed like I think I do, you won't be able to leave Magnolia." She looked at the Master. "It'll be better if he stays here where it's safe."

The Master nodded thoughtfully. "I hadn't considered that," He admitted. "And you're certain once Evergreen is defeated, the girls will be set free?" Alex nodded, and he turned back to Reedus. "Alright, Reedus. Stay here then. There's no need to put yourself in unnecessary danger when you don't have to."

Natsu woke up screaming. Alex raised an eyebrow. "Welcome back," she commented.

"Where's Laxus?" Natsu asked. "And wait, everyone's gone!" He jumped up and ran over to the Master. "Gramps, where did everyone go?"

"Natsu!" the Master said. "The festival has started! Laxus is somewhere in Magnolia! Get out there and beat 'im!"

"Alright!" Natsu shouted and started running for the door. "Just you wait, Laxus!" Alex rolled her eyes as he went face-first into the runes. It was going to take a while.