The Cursed Galuna Island pt 2

When the sun rose, Erza and I woke up. I asked one of the villagers to send Gray in when he woke up. We waited in the tent with Happy, and Lucy still tied up. Erza was sitting beside them, and I was relaxing against some boxes on the other side of them."You shouldn't have kept me waiting," Erza said. 

He was shocked. "I've heard what happened from Lucy," She continued as if she hadn't heard him. "Weren't you supposed to be stopping Natsu?" She stood up. "I'm speechless."

"Where's Natsu?" Gray asked.

"That's what I'd like to know," Erza responded.

"He should have been in the village fighting Reitei's lackeys," Lucy commented. But when we went to check, there was no one there. I figured that Natsu would be okay, and Erza told me to take her to where you were, Gray." 

"They were gone before I got to the village myself," I added, standing up.

"Alex found us shortly after we started looking, and brought us to this storage area," Happy said.

"Gray, we're going in search of Natsu," Erza said, walking up to him. "When we find him, you're telling Alex all you know, and we're returning to the guild.

"What are you saying, Erza?" Gray asked, shocked. "If you heard what's going on, then you've got to know what's happening on this island!"

"And what of it?" Erza asked. "Alex is here to do something about what's happening here. She can take care of it. I came here to bring back some guild rule-breakers. I have not a sliver of interest in anything else."

Gray looked upset. "Didn't you see what the people on this island look like?"

"I saw," Erza confirmed."And you're just going to leave them like that?" Gray demanded. 

"Alex has taken the request," Erza said. "We're not leaving them like this, as Alex is going to fix them. She did not ask for your help, so you are intruding. Wouldn't it be better to leave this job to her?"

"I misjudged you, Erza!" Gray snapped. I was getting annoyed. I knew this was becoming personal to him, but he was acting like I wasn't capable of doing this job.

Erza glared darkly at him. "What did you say?" She asked angrily. "You intend to break guild rules as well?" She requipped a sword into her hand. She held it to Gray's neck. "You won't get away with it."

Gray grabbed the sword and moved it to his guild mark. "Do what you must!" He said, staring her in the eye. "This is the path I've chosen. It's something I've got to do." He released the sword, and Erza let it drop. Gray walked away. "I'm going to finish this, "He was exiting the tent. He looked back. "If you're going to cut me down, do it."

Erza looked back at Lucy and Happy, who then squealed. "Calm down, Erza!" Lucy cried. 

"Gray's just angry 'cause he lost to his old friend!" Happy added. 

Erza swung her sword and cut the ropes off of them. She looked at me in question, and I nodded softly. "The present situation is unacceptable," Erza said sternly. "So we'll continue this after the present problem is solved. Alex has given us her approval, and we will help her finish her job."Lucy and Happy jumped up excitedly. "Don't get the wrong idea," Erza warned. "You will be punished." They responded with a disheartened "Aye."

We followed Gray up the mountain to when he told us Lyon's plan to defeat Deliora himself. "Defeat Deliora?" Lucy asked as we ran. "That's his goal?"

Gray paused. "Lyon's aim has always been to surpass Ul," he said. "Now with Ul gone, he wants to defeat Deliora, a foe that Ul couldn't kill to surpass her."