Phantom Lord pt 2

The first thing I did was go home. I took a hot bath and changed into a purple tank top, a short black skirt, and a cropped black jacket. I put my hair into a light braid and put on my black knee-high boots. When I was ready, I walked calmly to the guild. When I got there, I heard Droy yelling. "We gotta problem guys," He said.

"Alex is gone!" Jet added.

I rolled my eyes and walked down to the cellar before anyone could comment. "Calm down," I said, sitting on a free barrel. "I'm fine." I looked at everyone. "So, what happened?" Nobody had to answer; their faces said it all. I nodded, determined. "All right, what's the plan?"

"You're not doing anything," Natsu said, getting up from where he was leaning against a wall behind Lucy. "You're still injured."

Angrily, I walked over to him and stopped suppressing some of my magic in warning. Natsu flinched, but didn't back down. "My magic is back, and I'm eighty-five percent healed," I told him sternly. I capped my magic and calmed down a little. "This guild needs help, and I won't leave the guild without another fighter."

When Natsu didn't respond, I turned to Gray. "Tell me what happened." He nodded and told me about how they had charged into the Phantom Lord guild and attacked them. They were winning when people started taking too many blows, and Master was taken out of the battle. They retreated shortly after that. He then told me their goal was to take Lucy and return her to her father.

I nodded and sat down beside Lucy, who started crying as soon as she saw me. "Don't you go crying, Lu," I said, flicking her nose lightly. I smiled. "I would do anything to protect my guildmates. And like it or not, that includes you."

Lucy looked at me and gave a watery smile. "Okay." When she had finally calmed down, I dragged a barrel and sat down beside her.

Gray turned to face Lucy. "What's wrong? Still uneasy?"

I looked at Lucy. She still seemed so sad. "No, it's not that," she denied. "It's just...I'm sorry."

"Well, it's the fate of rich heiress' to get chased," Elfman said, his arms crossed. He closed his eyes and smirked. "And the ones who protect them are Men."

"Don't say things like that!" Gray shouted, turning to him.

"But I'm amazed," Happy said. "Why did you keep it a secret, Lucy?"

Natsu walked a little closer to so she could see him. "I wasn't trying to hide anything," She defended. "After I ran away from home, I didn't want to talk about it. For a full year, he never showed any interest in his runaway daughter. And now he wants me back? My father went to such terrible lengths to take me back..." She shut her eyes, upset. "He's the worst! But when you get down to it, it's originally my fault for running away from home, right?"

"That's not true!" Elfman denied. "You're father's the bad guy here!"

"You idiot!" Gray scolded him.

"I mean, Phantom!" Elfman corrected hurriedly.

"Thanks to my selfish actions, I've caused all this trouble for everyone," Lucy continued, not hearing Elfman and Gray. "I'm so sorry. I guess if I went home, it would end this, right?"

"I wonder about that," Natsu said, finally uncrossing his arms. He grinned widely. "But 'rich heiress' doesn't strike the right tone. Laughing in this dirty old beer hall, and making a ruckus while on some adventure...That's the Lucy, I know." He looked at her thoughtfully. "You said you wanted to stay here, right? What's the point of returning someplace you don't want to go? You're Lucy of Fairy Tail! This is your home to return to."