Welcome Home

When we made it back to Magnolia, it was to a bright and shiny new guild. It was so much bigger than the old one. Max was running a souvenir shop now, and it had a lot of Fairy Tail merchandise. There was an outdoor cafe, and a stage for music. There was a game hall now, and even a pool in the back. And now everyone was allowed to go to the second floor and take S-class quests as long as an S-class mage went with them.

Natsu was pouting about everything being so different. "So you've all finally returned," Master said, walking up to us. "This is our new member, Juvia." He pointed to Juvia standing beside him. "Ain't she a cutie?"

Juvia smiled at us. "Juvia is glad to be of service!" Juvia cheered.

Gray chuckled. "So, you really joined?" He asked, looking at her.

Erza stepped forward. "You helped us a lot at Akane," She said.

"It's all thanks to you!" Juvia said happily. "Juvia will work hard!"

I smiled and patted her on the shoulder as I walked by. "It's good to have you, Juvia. I'm hosting a kickboxing class in a couple of days. It will be a great way to get to know the other members of the guild." She smiled and nodded. I walked over to Laki, who had just prepared a mango milkshake.

"Welcome back!" She smiled when I sat down. "Did you have a nice vacation?"

I smiled. "It was eventful, that was for sure." I turned around when the Master mentioned there was another new member.

"There's another one?" Happy asked curiously. I looked on when I heard my team all gasp in shock. Sitting at one of the benches by himself was Gajeel.

Gray and Natsu looked ready to attack him. Erza was adamant about him not joining as he was the one who destroyed the guildhall. Juvia tried to defend him, and Lucy seemed terrified. I sighed at their actions and stood up. Smiling at Laki, I walked over and got between them and Gajeel.

"You all need to relax," I said. "He won't be attacking anyone anytime soon."

"Why are you defending him?!" Natsu shouted. "You of all people should know he shouldn't be a member. He attacked you!"

I walked over and grabbed his ear to pull him closer. "Need I remind you," I hissed. "I am the one person in this guild who knows exactly what he is capable of?" I let go of his ear and walked closer to Gajeel. Natsu pouted and rubbed his ear.

"Master says he is a member so that we will treat him as family," I announced loudly to the rest of the guild. Levy was cringing a little, probably remembering what he almost did to her and her team. "We forgive most wrongdoings and give second chances. I don't want to hear that you all attacked him with malicious intent. Is that understood?"

When the guildhall was mostly silent again, Master Makarov smiled. "Very well said, Alex. They say yesterday's enemies are tomorrow's friends, yes?"

I nodded and sat down at the table with Gajeel. "This has to be a joke!" Natsu demanded punching the table. "You expect me to go on jobs with this guy?"

"Don't worry," Gajeel said. "I ain't sharing my work!" He stood up. "I just want jobs, that's all." He turned to me. "And I don't need you defending me," He said. "Don't go expecting me to thank you or apologize for attacking you earlier.

I laughed and crossed my arms. "Don't worry, I beat you later, so we're even." I stood up. "And, you're welcome." I walked off before him and Natsu started arguing."I can't believe I ended up here in the most annoying guild of all..." I heard Gajeel say before I made it to the bar with my milkshake. I laughed and sat down.

"You seem awfully accepting of Gajeel being here," Lucy commented, sitting beside me. "Does it have something to do with the future?"

I nodded and took a drink. "Yeah, he becomes such a dear friend later, and I wanted him to feel a little more welcome." I watched Natsu and Gajeel argue some more and smiled. "I can't wait to watch him grow as a person."