Phantom Lord pt1

We decided to walk back to Fairy Tail when our job was over. Natsu was pretty insistent, and we decided to let him get his way for once."We should spar while we're out here," Erza said, looking at me. "We haven't yet, and I'm curious to see how much you've improved."

I looked at her thoughtfully. "All right," I said, smiling. "I am curious to see how well we fight."We all went to a clearing, and they stood to the side.

 "Erza and Alex have never sparred before?" Lucy asked, confused. Erza and I stood across from each other.

"Alex never saw a reason to fight with Erza before," Gray said, casually. "And Erza wasn't interested in needless battles."

"So why now?" Lucy wondered.

"Who cares?" Natsu cheered. "I get to fight the winner!" He announced. I chuckled. Of course, that would be his response.

I looked at Erza. "Are you ready?"

She responded by requipping her Lightning Empress Armor. "I'm ready." We spent the next few minutes trading blows. She smiled at me. "You've certainly gotten stronger." She jumped in the air and shot lightning at me.

 Now usually, I would dodge the attack. But this time, something told me I should try to eat the electricity. So, ignoring all common sense, I stood my ground and inhaled the bolt as it came at me. It felt amazing. I looked at Erza, who was standing, shocked, and grinned. "Thor's Hammer!" I ran up to her with my lightning hammer and slammed her into the nearest tree. The battle was over. I went over to help Erza up. "That was a good battle," I said, smiling.

"It was," Erza grinned. "How long have you been able to eat lightning?" She wondered.

 I shrugged sheepishly. "Just now," I admitted. "I wasn't sure it would work."

When we made it to the others, Natsu was freaking out. "You're a Dragon Slayer!?"

"That was impressive," Gray commented.

 "I didn't know you could do that, Alex," Lucy commented."I didn't know I could do that wither," I said, smiling. I walked past them before anyone else could comment. "We should get back to the guild."

"Don't you want to practice some Dragon Slayer Magic?" Lucy asked, following me.

 I shrugged. "Not at the moment. I'm kind of anxious to get home."

Erza pulled Gray, Natsu, and Lucy to the side. "It would be best if we left her being a dragon slayer alone," She said quietly. "She came to the guild, not remembering anything, so I don't think she wants to be questioned."

 "She doesn't remember anything?" Lucy asked, curious. "That must be difficult." It's like they forgot how good my hearing was.

"When we get back to the guild, I'm still fighting her," Natsu said, walking closer to me. He was the only one around who knew where I came from, so he didn't bother commenting on my supposed lack of memory. He also knew how powerful Dragon Slayer hearing was, so I knew he wasn't concerned about me hearing him.

We walked the rest of the way home in silence. When we made it to Magnolia, my Dragon Slaying abilities were long forgotten. "That was a great job!" Natsu said happily.

"And it looks like the client really appreciated it," Happy added.

"Well, we finished up real quick since I was there," Gray commented.

"Huh?" Natsu turned to him, suddenly angry. "And what makes you say that, jerk?"

"Just thinking about how you were nothing but extra baggage for this job," Gray said casually.