Cheryl's Oblivious

So Cheryl was completely one hundred percent on the ball with everything happening in Riverdale.

She just knows things. Everything she wants she gets. That’s just how it works in her world.

Up until the Serpents arrived and everything was thrown out of whack.

Mostly by one in particular.

Toni Topaz. A short little snake with pink hair had somehow thrown Cheryl off her game.

Because she was snarky, didn’t back down from Cheryl’s bitchiness and was seemingly unaffected by her insults.

And kinda cute. In a ragged, biker, gang type of way.

But not the point. No. Ever since Toni appeared Cheryl had been totally blind to most things. Including the biggest thing of all.

Toni totally had a thing for her.

1.

See the first time Kevin pointed it out to her.

At the drag race between the Serpents and the Ghoulies.

Cheryl was lounging on the car when Kevin leaned against it.

“You my friend have an admirer.” Kevin said. Cheryl peered through her sunglasses at Kevin and raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow.

“Excuse me?” Cheryl asked. Kevin nodded over to the SouthSiders.

“Looks like a Serpent hasn’t stopped looking at you since you got here.” Kevin wiggled his eyebrows and Cheryl looked over to the other side.

The Serpents were just hanging around waiting for it to start just like the Ghoulies and the NorthSiders. But Kevin wasn’t wrong.

There among the Serpents was a girl, considerably shorter than the rest of the gang members and with pink streaks in her hair.

Cheryl peered over the top of her sunglasses and watched the girl glance away from her, caught out in her staring.

“Probably just basking in Blossom glow.” Cheryl decided, pushing her sunglasses back up her nose with her middle finger.

“Uh huh. Think she may wanna be more in a Bloss-” Veronica snickered before faltering at Cheryl’s glare.

She was wearing sunglasses yet Veronica could still feel its heat.

“Finish that sentence. I dare you.” She snarled. Veronica exchanged a glance with Kevin before shrugging.

“Just saying Cheryl, girl looks pretty into you.” Veronica said. Cheryl looked over at the girl and tilted her head.

Next thing she knows she’s sashaying between two cars.

“Uh I usually do the honours.” The girl said, looking Cheryl up and down as she passed.

“Not today, Cha Cha, I was born for this moment.” Cheryl said with a not so sorry smile.

As she was waiting for the boys to warm up their engines she glanced over at the girl who was watching her amusedly with her arms folded.

Just jealous. That’s all. Nothing else.

2.

The second time Cheryl missed that Toni was kinda into her was actually only spotted by Jughead. And she wouldn’t have known about it had she not passed the Swords and Serpents club on her way out.

It had happened when the Serpents had first turned up.

Cheryl was adamant that they weren’t allowed.