Being rescued

I just like writing about this ep tbh

CancelSanity

Here, have another one 😂😂😂

Cheryl sits one row from the back, pressed against the edge of the pew as the projector throws light onto the screen in front of them. She can feel the tears coming, doesn’t think they’ve stopped since she’d arrived in this hellhole however many days ago. How long has she actually been here? Has anyone even noticed she’s missing?

She misses her friends. Cheryl isn’t sure how many friends she actually has, but she misses them all the same. Even Jughead.

She’s taken to seeing her friends in these movies they keep being shown; usually it’s Kevin and Moose. She doesn’t know why it keeps happening, but then again, Cheryl’s not entirely sure what’s going on at all. What’s real, and what’s in her imagination.

Cheryl’s been trying so hard to not let it all affect her; she knows there’s nothing wrong with liking girls, but it’s something she’s repressed for years and this so-called ‘therapy’ isn’t doing her any good. In a way, Cheryl’s always known she likes girls – maybe that’s one of the reasons she went off on Betty and Veronica at the start of the year after their faux-lesbian kiss for attention – but she’s pushed it down and out of her mind.

Until Toni.

Out of everyone Cheryl’s met in her life, there’s no-one who gets her quite like Toni does. And it’s not just about the sexuality thing. Toni understands how Cheryl’s mind works, maybe even better than Cheryl does herself, and she still wants to know her. Toni still wants to spend time with her. Toni almost kissed her, back before it all went to shit and Cheryl’s mother had dumped her here.

Cheryl’s been clinging to her memories of Toni the past several days; the way her eyes soften when they meet Cheryl’s gaze, the quirk of a half-smile at one of Cheryl’s insults for whoever’s crossed her that particular day, the tiny mark above her lip…

(Not that Cheryl’s been staring at Toni’s lips.)

(Okay, that’s a lie, she totally has.)

Toni’s been a lifeline to Cheryl in here, and she doesn’t even know it. She has dreams about Toni bursting though the door to her room and taking her away from this awful place. Cheryl always feels hollow when she wakes up, still lying on a hard mattress in a dark, damp cell.

In the last couple of days, Cheryl’s even been hearing Toni’s voice, and it makes her want to curl up into a ball and sob because Toni probably has no idea where she is.

Cheryl?

There it is again. She’s imagining Toni’s voice again, and Cheryl sighs, blinking as she feels fresh tears roll down her cheeks. She tries to focus on the movie; there are cheerleaders onscreen and it’s so familiar it makes Cheryl ache for her real life back in Riverdale.