Kabanata 35.2

Kabanata 35.2

ROGAN MICAEL ZOBEL

I never knew that I would meet her again —the first woman who captured my heart. The one that has always been there the first time I saw her.

Nang magkabalikan sina Raya at Helion, madalas ng makita ko siya sa pagtitipon naming magkakaibigan.

For the last three years, something changed in her. Mukha na siyang masaya hindi katulad noon. There was always a glint of sadness in her eyes whenever I observed her before. I even doubt she noticed that someone was observing her. Hindi na rin siguro iyon masamang bagay para sa akin. I wanted it to stay that way.

"That was your crush when we were in college, right?" ngising tanong sa akin ni Nile nang minsang pumunta kami sa bar at nakita na ang grupo nina Raya.

I glared at my cousin. "Shut up."

"What?" he laughed. "I heard she doesn't have a boyfriend anymore." Tinungga niya ang beer na hawak. Masama pa rin ang aking tingin.

"It's now your chance.  Sa tingin mong iyan, alam kong hanggang ngayon ay gusto mo pa rin."

"Shut up," inulit ko ang sinabi sa kaniya upang matahimik siya. He laughed.

"Sorry, I can't keep this mouth to stay quiet. But seriously, you have to make a move. Hindi ka na bumabata, Roga," umiling-iling siya.

I just stayed quiet. Sinundan ng aking mata sina Raya hanggang sa makaupo sila. I received a text from Helion that he was already on his way here. Malamang ay hindi pwedeng pabayaan si Raya dito lalo na at buntis. It's not even good for her to be at the bar. Mukhang ito naman ang huli nilang pagpunta dito.

I don't know what took over me to talk to Phaedra when I had the chance. She was alone. Pinili niyang tumingin mula sa itaas at tinanaw ang mga kaibigan. My feet moved forward on their own and the next thing I knew, I was already talking to her.

It was a short conversation. It only lasted for a good six minutes and off she go. Tumikim lang ng whiskey at nang hindi nagustuhan ang lasa ay agad na inilayo sa kaniya. I adored her innocence. I can't believe she had a boyfriend and still, she's still innocent. Akala ko nga ay nasubukan niya ng uminom ng maraming alak but from what I have observed, she could only stand a good three bottles of light beers.

And up until now, she still holds that habit of using tissue to wipe the things before she uses them. I was being honest when I told her that I find her habit neat and meticulous. Hindi siya madaling makakakuha ng sakit kasi sobra siyang maalaga sa sarili.

I never saw her after that. Maliban sa kailangan kong balikan si Coli, may mga trabaho rin ako. I also had to finish my automotive training. In that way, I could help in repairing and assembling cars with my formal certificate. Parang katumbas lang iyon ng license. I had the authority to now help in automotives because this is what I chose to lead on.

After a month, I decided to pay a visit at the cafe in front of Izuchi. Dahil tapos na ang training ko, it was time for me to apply what I learned on the field. Maliban sa tumulong, I also had to perform my duty as a CEO. I was still on employee and product monitoring. Marami pa ring kailangang permahan at asikasuhin.

I know it was Phaedra's cafe. Ilang beses ko na bang binalak na bumili doon? I always ended up having my secretary to order for me. But this time, it has to be different. Nagkausap na kami. I've established my connection.

I observed Phaedra again. She was hands on when doing the work. Even her habit of putting sanitizer before and after holding the bills is fascinating. Hindi ko maiwasang mapatingin doon at lihim na mapangiti.