"Hey, you."

Turning my head, I saw one of the members of the Karasuno team.

... Tsukishima... If I remember correctly.

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

I expected some kind of answer... Not for him to approach me and get right up to my face.

"Your talent's being wasted on teams like Nekoma. You should find a team more suited to your talent."

... Huh...?

"Are you trying to suggest that I join your team?" I stated, stepping back some.

"Of course not. Someone like you wouldn't fit in with the team. Find a good girl's team."

My blood went cold at this, as the male turned away from me.

"What are you trying to imply?" I questioned, voice a bit shaky due to my nervousness.

"Exactly what it is."

Before I could say anything else, he simply walked away.

There's no way he could've figured this out... My secret...

No, now's not the time to think about that. I need to get to the bus before it leaves.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"This sucks... We lost every game...!" Hinata whined, trudging his things into the gym.

"We shouldn't think of it as a waste of time though. We learned valuable experience-"

Hinata quickly cut the team captain off when an idea came to his mind.

"What if we invite that temporary member to join us?! Didn't he say he hadn't picked a team yet?!"

The entire team looked shocked by the suggestion.

"You're trying to suggest we invite a guy with no real team to join ours? You're dumb Hinata, but this is truly a stupid idea." Tsukishima spat, looking as annoyed as ever.

"I don't see why it's a bad idea. At the very least, it can't hurt to ask." Sugawara stated, glancing over to the team manager.

"Right...! I believe the faculty at his school submits any requests to him directly. I'll go give them a call."

With that, the awkward and clumsy team manager headed out of the gym.

"Listen up. I know it's hard to accept all those beat downs, but it only means we have to work harder!" Coach Ukai stated, his words full of enthusiasm.

"Yeah!" The entire team responded

"Now head home and get some rest. I expect to see you all here tomorrow ready to practice!"

"Yes sir!"

Hinata was quick to ask if he could have some more time to practice, who was quickly joined by his usual partner - Kageyama.

"Look boys, we can't stay here every evening you want to practice extra - which is everyday. Just give it a rest, if only for today."

Both boys walked away dejectedly.

Unlike the grump though, Hinata was quick to bounce back.

"Hey, Tsukishima!"

Running up to the blonde, he seemed completely oblivious to the annoyance surrounding said blonde.

"Go away."

Simple and straight to the point. Tsukishima didn't have enough patience to deal with the annoying brat.

"But I need to know; why did you seem to resent the idea of inviting the awesome player to join our team? Do you not want more teammates?"

Tsukishima's expression remained the same, simply picking up his bag and heading for the exit.

"Unlike the rest of you, I'm not stupid. Now leave me alone."

Exiting the gym, Yamaguichi was quick to catch up with him. The two did walk home together most often after all.

"If you don't want to say, it's alright... But why are you so against (Last Name) from joining our team?"

Tsukishima could only sigh in annoyance.

"Sorry Tsukki!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"(Last Name), you received another team invitation."

Turning around, I saw a school staff handing me a printed paper.

It contained all the information needed in case I would become a full-time member of their team. That's how I preferred to accept invitations, after all.

"I see. Thank you."

Bowing slightly, I continued my way to my usual lunch spot.

"Let's see..." I muttered under my breath, checking the paper out.

Karasuno High...?!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Guys, I have big news!"

Everyone turned to the exhausted faculty member.

"Katsuro (Last Name) has agreed to join us for a practice. If he likes the team, he may join us."

I don't really have much to say other than that I hope you're enjoying the story so far. I know it's a bit early in the story to say that, but it's how I truly feel. As always, I'll accept any questions, concerns, etc that you may want to ask. Stay wonderful! =^-^=