Chapter 23 - Her? Oh, She's 'armless!

I had pushed him so far into the corner now that I needed to offer a way out again. As it stood, everyone was dying.

"Besides... do you really want to kill Yoongi?" I said trying my best even as my heart quickened to stroke his ego and make it seem to him that he had won, however strenuously. "It's the first night and you paid so much for him, and after you'd managed to get some of the most famous and watched people into your possession... how many others must have tried and failed this or perhaps not even had the balls to try."

He hesitated, obviously in deep thought and the smile finally returned.

"I have decided to let him live. It would be a shame if my darling daughter were to receive half a birthday present..." Even without looking, I could feel some of the boys relaxing ever so slightly and I felt like I should be fainting from relief but I somehow knew it wasn't quite over. "I do quite like you Lucifer - You're very entertaining, now if you could get off me, my men are just going to remove your left arm."

My heart completely stopped and my muscles went rigid as pure, unadulterated panic surged through me. I was horrified and at that moment had such an overwhelming urge to still stab the fork through his eye, but I knew if I pushed that threat even slightly further that they would just kill us all. If they had a gun in the room I'd be dead already and likely everyone else too.

Instead, I dropped the talking and sprung into a panicked defence against the men that's had seemingly appeared from nowhere.

I grabbed the arm of the closest and twisted my body up until I was almost above it and forced my knee down onto the outside of his elbow and cracked it down till it bent sickeningly as the bone burst from his inner elbow. I barely heard the scream as I tried to twist and stab into another, a significantly larger man with the fork but he blocked with such force the silverware was knocked straight out of my hand and clattered to the floor.

With his other hand, he smashed a fist straight into my jaw and I reeled back from the force and hit into another person. I shoved this new one back and swung around his neck, using the momentum to crack his head into the floor. My jaw shoved harshly against his shoulder as he fell and the taste of iron exploded disgustingly into my mouth.

I reached for a shard of broken glass and grasped it even as it sliced into my fingers and held on tightly as I felt myself being picked up by the big man that had punched me. I slashed the glass against his face, barely missing his eyes as it cut across his nose bridge and eyebrow.

I was thrown to the floor again and all of the air whooshed out of my chest. A hard kick to my side left me doubling over in pain and another nearly incapacitated completely. I tried with one last effort to slash out at an Achilles heel but didn't quite make it.

I was dragged up struggling from the floor as my heart went insane with panic and adrenaline. I was about to lose my arm. my fucking arm!

I looked to the others, hoping and wishing for a miracle even as I kept my face hard and resolute. I would not give the satisfaction to the cunt of making me look scared. I simply refused. even as I looked my blood sank and I felt lightheaded as I realised some of the others had put up some fight to help me but were all now restrained also. I had no one to help me as I stared into Namjoons furious eyes as my arm was pulled tightly away. I continued to struggle even though I knew I was helpless - directed all of my fear and panic into such an intense hatred it made me want to scream in its bathen anger.

I'd kill him.

I took a deep breath and tensed all of my muscles, some for the last time as the large man with the slashed face, lifted a blade above me and -

"No."

The blade was immediately put back from where ever it had been given from and then man bowed.