Chapter 20 - How much is the wage for working at a post office in Alaska?

Start from the beginning

"Kaaayyy" was her response and she quite vocally sighed in adoration. And then just stood there. Leo looked at her hesitantly and looked questionably at his secretary who was also a bit perplexed. I was also confused too but mainly because he still hadn't explained why he called out to me in the first place. So I asked. Again.

"Sir... you called for me... well bellowed really but regardless."

He scratched his head in uncertainty before replying. "Uh yeah, I did. Except I can't tell you. Until Leah leaves..."

Leah snapped out of her blatant ogling. "Oh! Right. I should... leave. Bye... everyone."

"Yup," I emphasised on the p and gave her fake innocence (with all of the deviousness hidden underneath). She didn't pick up on it but she still gave me death glares before turning away and heading towards the elevators. I released an exhale of relief and before I looked pointedly back at my boss.

He grinned at me but his body language was etched with nervousness. Weird... "Right we can finally get down to business." He looked at his Rolex and then muttered an incoherent curse. "and we need to get down to said business fast. Quick introduction. This is my secretary Cindy but you guys have already met before so we can go over the rest of the introduction shenanigans."

I've never seen him so rushed and uncollected before. It's kind of refreshing and I'm loving it. I wonder what other ways I can get him restless...

"Anyway, I need you to do me a huge favour. Like the biggest of all favours."

I raised my left eyebrow in interest but also in incredulity. "What... favour...?"

Before he could answer the question, Cindy butted in and encouraged him to not go with it. "Leo I really don't think this is a good idea. Like at all. It's too risky and if we're caught out, it'll be worse than getting the bloody deal with him."

Leo sharply looked at Cindy and coincidentally declared, "So we won't get caught. Simple."

"But-"

"Cindy. Trust me a little will you?"

This got out an angry rebuttal of, "I'd trust you if didn't do reckless sh- things like this!"

Leo waved her off and blatantly ignored her to give his full attention back to me. "Now do you want to hear of the favour?"

"Yes?" Now I was really suspicious and had a really bad feeling about this favour but my interest had been caught so I was gonna hear the end of it.

"Well..." it was at this moment that THE LEONARDO COVELL began NERVOUSLY playing with his hands and rocking slightly back fourth with a NERVOUS look on his face. How fucking bad... "I need you to pretend to be my employee who wrote up a certain contract."

I blinked once. Then twice. Then thrice. "What?"

"Yeah"

That doesn't sound too bad... something is still not right. "Why...?"

"Um yes so about that. A little background information. The contract is between MegCorp and Mark Rox, the man who created-"

I interrupted him briefly. "Raid Off. Sorry that was rude of me. Aiden plays the game whenever he's bored and is apparently a beast at it. Also heard it's always in the top charts in the app stores or whatnot."

"No, no it's fine. Saves me a lot of trouble explaining. Anyway, the contract basically entails a limited time cross over between our ChatMe app and a mini-game version of Raid Off. ChatMe users can play the game between conversers. It's beneficial for both parties as it promotes his game and makes our app more captivating. He's also going to our app on his game so it's a win-win for everyone."