》51

"The door was open and it was about to rain so I just came in

"The door was open and it was about to rain so I just came in...I'm so sorry for ignoring you, Rieka. When you weren't replying to my messages I didn't know what to do. I didn't realize that I messed things up so badly," Jayden immediately blurted out his apology.

I ran to him, wrapping my arms around his shoulder and my legs around his waist. "I missed you so much," I whispered into his shoulder and his arms slowly pressed on my back. "You're not mad?"

"No I'm not, why would I be?" I asked.

His shoulders shrugged," I guess when you didn't reply to my messages I thought you were," he assumed. My eyebrows pulled together at that. It was the second time he mentioned some messages that I had no idea what he was talking about.

"What messages are you talking about?" I asked, dropping back to my feet. His facial expression seemed confused. "I sent you a couple of messages the day after you left," Jayden confusingly explained.

"I never got them. And I never messaged or called because I was giving you space," I admitted. What messages he was talking about? Was he telling the truth? If so how come I never saw any messages?

"I did not need space, I needed my sister," I winced at the sincerity and sorrow in Jayden's tone. "So what happened to the messages? Why did I never get them?" I mostly asked myself.

"That's because I deleted them," my eyes snapped to Evander. That wouldn't make sense. Saying that was a lie because my phone was in his room for more than twenty-four hours.

"Why?" I simply asked. He sighed, pinching his eyebrows together before dropping his hands to his sides. "Because he was just going to convince you not to come to my pack," Evander sighed.

"Well that was the plan," Jayden mumbled softly. Evander's eyes darted to Jayden. "Never," he growled out. Even if Jayden wanted to take me away, I was already marked so it was impossible. "No one is taking me away from this pack. Why didn't you just tell me, Evander?"

"I rather not have this conversation with him," Evander threw glares at my brother.

"Just answer the damn question already," I groaned at him.

"He leaves," Evander bluntly stated, going against me. "I'll go, you clearly already made your decision," Jayden huffed.

"What decision?" I asked Jayden. He sighed in response, looking around the room. "You aren't going to give mom and dad another chance? They're the people who raised you! Who gave you everything in life! you are who you are because of them!" Jayden shouts at me.

"Lower your fricken tone when you're talking to her," Evander growled, pulling me to his chest. "They lied to me for twenty years, Jayden!" I shout back.

He laughed wickedly with glaring eyes burning my skin. "He's a vampire! The enemy! Why is he so important? You're always protecting the wrong side!" Jayden snapped at me, not fully shouting. I knew his words were thrown at me for choosing Evander as well.