》18

I was sitting on the sofa while Evander got dressed inside of the bedroom

I was sitting on the sofa while Evander got dressed inside of the bedroom. That was the only option since the bathroom was extended to the bedroom and there was no other way of going into the bathroom. My dress was beautiful. I remembered the long search I had gone on two or three days ago to find this beautiful and elegant dress at the mall. It truly highlighted my features and showed off my curves. The bright red dress had thin straps that sunk into my shoulders, it was fitted tight and secure to my stomach but flared out, still showing the curves of my waist and legs due to the slit running down the center of my left leg. Maybe the slit was too high but it didn't expose anything I didn't mind to be shown.

Evander walked out of the bedroom and my eyes turned to look at him as a quick reflex. God, he was truly handsome and sexy. The white shirt that he wore inside of the black blazer fit him perfectly, the black blazer did nothing in hiding his muscular biceps. It was such a simple suit but with his body, it made it look like it was for a greek god. My eyes finally fixed on his to see he couldn't tear his eyes off my body. "You're staring, Alpha," I smirked even though I was checking him out myself. "You look even more beautiful than you usually do, I didn't know that was possible," he says softly making my heart clench in a good way. I didn't even know if I was supposed to hear the last part but he made my stomach do flips. "Uh t-thank you," I smiled," you clean up nicely as well," I say, turning away to finish off my highlighter on my cheekbones.

"Are you ready to go? The limo is waiting downstairs," he said, trying to stop smiling after the small compliment I gave him

"Are you ready to go? The limo is waiting downstairs," he said, trying to stop smiling after the small compliment I gave him. Seeing him looking this handsome, even though he always looked delicious, I knew that girls were going to be throwing themselves at him tonight. And I was just going to watch at the side. "Let's go," I closed up my makeup pallets and fixed away my brushes before standing up.

"Arent you going to bring a coat? It's cold outside," Evander asked from behind me. I groaned when I realized he was right before walking back to the bedroom and pulling out the black fluffy coat. The smirk on his face was too visible making me annoyed. "Shut up," I mumbled, harshly pressing the elevator button.
"I wasn't talking..."

_♤_

When the elevator doors opened with a click, I felt nervousness explode inside of me but I tried not to show it as I walked through the doors and into the wide-open room filled with beautiful dresses and neatly worn suits.

"Rieka Knight everybody!" The speaker cheered into the microphone making all the heads turn towards me. Evander stood proudly next to me and I watched as all the eyes that were on me flicked to him. They whispered to their partners but I couldn't care less. I plastered a smile on my face and walked further into the room, everyone turning back to whatever they were doing. This night was dedicated towards people like me and I'm going to enjoy it. "Alpha Evander Rowan, I wasn't expecting to see you here," I turn my head to see one of the girls I met last year. She was eyeing Evander like a meal while twirling her hair around her finger. "He's here as my date, on behalf of the king, Miss Sarah," I plastered a fake smile on my face.

I knew her name was Sofia but I found happiness in mistaking her name. Sofia's eyes turned to me as her cute smile faltered. "It's Sofia," she corrected me with a low growl. I guess I offended her more than I thought, even better. "And it was great seeing you both, Rieka," she nods her head towards me and flashed Evander a smile before walking away. "You didn't have to get jealous," Evander whispered beside me as Clark, another familiar doctor.

"Doctor Knight, it's so good to see you again," he pulled me into a short tug. "You too, I'm happy to see you made it," I grinned, remembering when we called a couple of months ago he said he was thinking of ditching. "Very funny," his eyes drift to Evander beside me. "Alpha Evander, how is Luna Iris?" He asked, eyeing us weirdly and I refrain from rolling my eyes.

"Amazing as always," he grinned.

"You are stealing my shine," I whispered to Evander as we made our way to the table for two. "I guess I'm more interesting," he shrugged his shoulders as we sat down in the chair. "Yeah, you kill for a living and I heal for a living," I scoffed, lifting the lid off the plate. "No, I don't, you've got me all wrong," he smiled, his hand playing with his white collar. "I really don't care. I don't intend on figuring you out. After tonight we're going to be two complete strangers, right?" I asked him for reassurance as we began eating politely. I guess I wasn't the only one hungry and we weren't alone since most of the people were now eating around tables. "Right..." Evander unsurely says and I rolled my eyes.

_♤_

I stare at Evander as he stood up in the middle of our conversation that was filled with me saying how annoying and stupid he is. "Care to have a dance?" He held out his hand for me to take as we looked at each other. "Are you serious?" I asked dumbfounded and bluntly. "Yes, Miss Knight," he sighed. Flicking my eyes to the almost packed ballroom, I placed my hand on his and stood. Tingles of electricity shot through my hand under his touch and I inhaled sharply. Evander smirked, proud of my reaction. Whatever, I don't care.

His hand slid around my waist to pull me closer. My hands rested around his neck, slightly brushing his nape in the process. "You're beautiful, Rieka Knight," Evander whispered, his eyes studying me even though we were almost inseparable. I wondered if he meant to say that out loud or not. "Thank you," I say, captivated by how beautiful his eyes truly were. I lean into his touch further as his hand around my waist tugged me closer.

"So it's great weather We're having, right?" He grinned. "We shouldn't be dancing together," I pulled back a bit when reality checked in. He had a mate and everyone knew that but he was here with me dancing slowly. "Why not?" He asked," tightening his grip around my waist. "Iris," I simply stated. Evander stared at me, I couldn't put my finger exactly on the emotions running through his eyes. Finally, he loosened his grip on my waist and I slid my hands down to rest on his shoulders as our feet continued to move.

"I'm sorry, but may I cut in?" The new voice asked.

________

Who do you think wants to dance with Rieka?

Would Evander allow them to?

Hey guys, just to clear up some things while you continue to read. Their wolves are still trying to get them together and their influences are working physically because they're close to each other. Remember their decision was their human sides, not their wolves' sides. Of course, the bond isn't as strong because they rejected each other but their wolves still crave each other.