》32

Kira and I walked into the dining room while she told me how Brandon literally cackled when he heard I broke into their pool

Kira and I walked into the dining room while she told me how Brandon literally cackled when he heard I broke into their pool. I didn't read all of the journal because the more I read the more I became nauseous. I didn't have a reason to read it because I had my father. I was leaving it up to my mother to tell me why the hell she lied to me for twenty years.

Brandon woke my father up from his sleep and delivered him food. I wasn't in the mood to have dinner but I did promise Evander that I would.

Apparently, Kira and Brandon live with Evander in this house. That sort of made sense because it's way too big for just one person. Though, she said that their house is almost finished building.

Kira and I separated since she wanted to sit next to Brandon and the only available seat for me was the one opposite William who was already glaring at me. "Well you seem happy," William annoyingly noticed.

"Not taking your crap today, William," I tell him as I sat down on the chair, not realizing where I was sitting until I noticed Evander stiffened beside me.

Shit.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Will sarcastically smiled. "Why don't you shut the hell up?" I say instead of knocking him in the jaw with my fist. I would have but then my hand would hurt. He's not that worth it.

"When do you ever take that chain off?" William asked, still looking at me. I'll gladly strangle him this moment. "Do you have a problem with it? I'll love it if you touch it, maybe use I'll use it to strangle you later," I sarcastically smiled. Evander cleared his throat beside me and Will's eyes snapped to him. "I think that's enough, you two argue like two children," Evander sighed but it was no use to us.

"Well you aren't wrong, he does remind me of a stubborn brat," I growled, my wolf eyes coming to show. "Rie," Evander warned and I feel his hand rest on my knee. I feel the anger leaves my body with a simple touch. That touch sent a shot of fuzzies to my stomach and I felt White calm down as she purs in the back of my head. Since I came here and after everything with my father the bond between us was humming again. It was so strong even though we were rejected. Though I know if we were fully mates it would've been times more intense.

"You're the one that's whoring around with every male you encounter," William snapped. Evander growled at him. "I think that's enough, William," I feel his fingers dig into my thigh like he is trying to grab onto the last bit of patience he had. Not caring, I swat his hand away and he doesn't place it back.

"Are you jealous? Is that it? Want me to give you head?" I asked, tilting my head for effect with my eyes squinted at him. Renee choked on the water she was drinking only to hysterically laugh. "Hell no," William scoffed. "Goddess alone knows how much dick you had in that mouth," he added. "Jumping at every opportunity. Isn't that right?" I stare at him dumbfounded wondering what the hell did I do for him to assume this bullshit.

None, dumbass. None. The only person I ever been with was Mikey. And we haven't done anything besides have sex so what the hell was this guy's problem.

In a blink of an eye, Evander jumped across the table, pushing William down his chair and holding him by the throat on the floor. "Evander!" I shout with Kira and Brandon. "Get off of him," Renee growled but it was no use.

"Apologize to her, now!" A growl ripped from his chest. Renee and Brandon trying to tug him off but he shakes them off his shoulder. "Evander," I tried to say loud and courageous but it came out like a silly whimper.

"I'm her Alpha, I can tell her what the hell I want," William hissed, seeming calm as the wind under Evander. I think all the fear that he should have traveled to me. "Do you think that's the way you're supposed to be talking to one of your pack members? How do you expect her to treat you like her alpha when you insult her and calls her a whore like a bloody nickname," Evander replied, the depth of his voice

Little did he know that wasn't the first time he did that.

"Is that a good quality of a king? To call the girl who saves the lives of your people a whore when you have no idea if she is one in the first place?" Evander continued and I felt like I was turning to mush. He was being protective of me, he was defending me, he didn't like what was being said about me.

The big bad alpha cared about the little girl.

"That's enough, Evander, I think he gets the point," Renee spoke up, protecting her big brother. She had a scowl on her face as she looked down at them on the floor. "Would you like it if those things were being said about your little sister?" Evander ignored her.

"I'm not little," Renee huffed.

"No," William mumbled. I found myself chewing on my inner cheeks, emotions were hitting me like a truck right now. Evander had the king for goddess' sake pinned below him -in a bad way. "And would you want that person to apologize to her?" He continued.

William's eyes snapped to mine before they slightly nod. "Good," Evander replied before pushing off of him completely. I bolt around the table where everyone was already standing. They were keeping William away from Evander but he doesn't seem to want to attack him. He looks like he is too caught up in his thoughts even though his fists kept clenching. His wolf definitely doesn't like that another Alpha overpowered him.

"Evander," I whispered. He had to get out of there before William's wolf takes over and charge at Evander. I have no idea what would actually happen there. I placed my hand on his upper hand and he finally looked at me and his jaw unclenched.

"Come on," I tug Evander's hand away from them. He sighed and finally obeyed me. "Good idea," I hear Kira say to me as we walked out of the room. I gave Jayden a reassuring nod before leaving. I was all in on dragging him to his bedroom but I had no idea where the hell that was.

"I think the only place I know where to go is the pool," I admitted and I got a short laugh from him. We stopped walking so now we were facing each other, Evander's eyes were removed with all the rage that was running through him.

"Then let's go to the pool?" He finally smirked.