》26

I watched as all the tall trees pass by in a blur, the soft hums of Jayden while the music of the car played in the background

I watched as all the tall trees pass by in a blur, the soft hums of Jayden while the music of the car played in the background. With a sigh, I got frustrated with the new land, and instead, I pressed my head against the car seat and closed my eyes.

We were almost to the Alpha's mansion where we were told to stay. But I'm going to punch Evander if I have to, I'm not staying in a house with him. Again. Especially, since it is going to be smaller than the palace. I needed to put him in the past and I needed to move on from getting rejected. Staying with Evander wouldn't help especially since I was was forced to come here to find my mate. William didn't believe it when I told him I wasn't interested in finding my mate anymore. But honestly, it was everything that was bothering me today. Not only Mikey.

And the only thing I knew was that I needed a drink.

"Cheer up, Ri," Jayden groaned, looking through the mirror since he was in the front seat and I was in the back. "You will be back to your hospital habitat soon," he tried to give me hope. That was another reason why I was upset today. After the doctor's ball, I haven't been to work much and I've just been mind linking people when to take shifts and giving permission to those that wish to leave early. I haven't been in scrubs or my lab coat in a long while. "Screw you, Jay," I scoffed, ignoring him. Renee snickered beside me before I turned everyone out and shut my eyes.

_♤_

My eyes fluttered open and I shut them again as I allowed myself to be consumed by the comfort of this bed. And to make matters worse, the blanket was just as fluffy and comfortable. Even the pillow was so soft and silky.

I never wanted to move from here.

The longer my eyes stayed shut the longer I remembered how I got here. But that's the thing, I don't remember getting here. The last thing I recalled was falling asleep in the car. Judging by how this room was littered with Evander's scent, I knew I was in his house. Huffing, I pulled away from the blanket and draw myself out of bed. Everything in this room screamed wealth but I didn't allow myself to look around to room before walking out of the door.

I tried mind linking everyone but I couldn't, their links were off. And nowhere in hell, I was going to mind link William. My stomach rumbled and I instantly craved food.

To the kitchen, we go.

My feet lazily drag on the floor as I walked around the majestic house. Turns out, I got lost. Everything was dark and I was scared to open certain doors. I didn't even know how to find myself back into the bedroom that I woke up in. The house was filthy of Evander's scent making my wolf whimpered so I focused on another scent.

Alcohol.

I walked into the dark and cozy little bar room. It was empty, the lights reflected on all the different ranges of alcohol bottles. Some of them I have never even seen before. I grabbed a random bottle and a cocktail glass and threw some ice blocks in there before settling myself on the bar stool.