"Around here? In this neighborhood? At this time? That can't be. My uncle bought this house in this neighborhood specifically for the strict safety rules. There's no way—"

"I swear, I heard a crash and screaming. Listen," I whispered. Giorgi moved his eyes up to the ceiling as he listened out for what I'd heard, and just as I said, someone had screamed in the distance.

"What the fuck..." my boyfriend mumbled as he carefully sat up, making sure that I didn't fall off of his lap. "S'that Marjory?"

My stomach dropped when I'd thought about how similar the scream sounded to our neighbor. "Should we check?" I inquired. Giorgi nodded and lifted me as he stood up before dashing into his room and grabbing our slippers. Then, he rushed outside to his car, put me in the driver's seat, and tossed himself into the passenger's.

"Wait, you want me to drive?! But I'm shaking!" I panicked.

"Babe, you've been awake longer than me. Your eyes are better," he replied simply.

I huffed as I started my boyfriend's car, and carefully backed out of the driveway before taking off in the direction of the loud crash and screaming.

"Holy shit," Giorgi scoffed upon seeing the car wreck; a dark sedan had penetrated one of our neighbors' houses and caught fire, and our neighbor Marjory was panicking near the wreck with a phone to her ear; calling 911. "WAIT! Babe, stop! Th-that's Yuri's house! The-the little boy! His bedroom is right there!" The Greek man panicked in the passenger seat.

Before I could even pull over, Giorgi rushed out of his car and ran over to the fiery wreck. I, now shaking even more, quickly parked his car along the curb of someone's yard, and looked over the horrific scene before getting out of the vehicle and accompanying my boyfriend in attempting to check on the little boy.

"Cam, the car is in his room, and he's home alone," the taller man sobbed as he tried to break through the front door. "I know he's scared. I have to help him."

"His dad usually leaves a key in case of emergency, right? Do you remember where he put it?"

"No. I can't remember. Baby, I can't remember, and Yuri—he, he could be hurt. I can't—"

I stroked Giorgi's cheek and pulled him away from the door. "Gio, you have to calm down. We're going to get him and he's going to be okay, okay?" I cooed. When my boyfriend nodded, I returned the nod, and looked over at the sedan. "We should try to pull it."

"What?"

"We should pull the car. More neighbors are coming. We just need their help," I said, pulling Giorgi over towards the crowd of neighbors running towards Yuri's house.

The majority of the large group of different families immediately attacked the car, and others called 911 meanwhile attempting to break down the front door of Yuri's house.

"HEY! HEY! GET THE DRIVER OUT OF THE CAR!" A terrifyingly loud, deep voice demanded. I looked around for it, and trembled violently when I realized that the voice had belonged to Giorgi. Our neighbors instantly broke the window of the sedan, and pulled out the driver, and my stomach sank when I saw who it was. Instantly, I turned to Giorgi, and almost passed out from the disgustingly horrific glare that he'd had locked on her.