S3:C3; Professor Davis...What Do You Know?

***A QUICK PSA***

Any [RR's] comments that spoil anything will be deleted immediately. Stop ruining the story for others; it's a piece of shit move. That being said,

I hope you enjoyyyy!!!

••••••••

"I know you're Cooper Pacon's latest victim...and I want to apologize for not figuring out who you are before he did what he did to you."

My eyebrows furrowed deeply at my teacher's words and I shook my head as I had a hard time understanding why he wanted to apologize. "What does...? What do you mean? Why do you feel the need to—"

"Because I know Cooper. I know who he is and what he's done in his past," my professor said. "I knew he had chosen someone to torment, but I couldn't figure out who quick enough to stop him."

"What? You— What does that mean? You knew he had chosen someone to torment...?"

"I mean exactly that, Cameron. Cooper was diagnosed early as a child with psychopathy, and he's the stereotypical violent type," my teacher explained. "He stopped by my class often to tell me about you, except he never let me know your name. He always only referred to you as 'his new lover'."

"Wh— Why would he stop by your class?"

"He found out that I was a psychology professor and he wanted to share his stories with me."

My eyebrows twitched as I tried to process what my teacher was telling me. "You said I was his latest victim..."

"Two others before you suffered from his violent psychopathic actions. There was a—"

"Wait, you can't tell me this!" I whispered frantically, shaking my head.

"Oh, right... You probably want to finish taking notes from the video, huh," Professor Davis sighed.

"Eh— Well, that, and...wouldn't that count as you leaking confidential information or something? You could lose your job, right," I asked.

"If I were his psychologist, maybe. But I'm just a teacher that he spoke to."

"He confided in you."

"No. He didn't speak to me in secret, Cameron. The things he told me, he would've shared with anyone."

"Then why didn't he tell me?"

"Because you were his plaything. A mouse, rather," the gorgeous man said while pushing up his glasses. "Would you tell a mouse about the trap you were planning to catch it in?"

My stomach dropped and I'd suddenly felt sick. "Why didn't you report him? You could've prevented everything, couldn't you?"

"Cameron, I couldn't report him because he made it impossible for me to. The things he told me about his past he couldn't get in trouble for, and the things he'd told me that he planned to do to you I couldn't report because I didn't know your name or face. You were an endangered ghost."

"B-but how? How could he not get in trouble for the stuff he did in his past? I mean, did he not do anything that'd get him in trouble with the law?"

"Well, yes and no. Some of stuff he did, police won't charge him for. Other things they might not pay any attention to because of how long ago it happened."

"You're purposely being vague!" I growled.

"Yes, because we shouldn't talk about this now. I should've started this conversation after class," my professor said, clenching his jaws after he finished speaking. "We can talk about this more over lunch. Wherever you want, my treat."