"No you won't, I'll never judge you" she whispered and kissed my cheek "you're my baby, I love everything you do"

"But you should read" I said

"I'm gonna read the shining to you if you won't read with me"

"Go ahead"

"Apparently it's scarier than the movie"

"Still don't care. Then can we watch the movie?"

"We'll take a while to read it princess" she told me "but yes, we can watch it when we've read it"

"Yay!" I smiled and she went upstairs to get the book. When she came back I held my arms out to her so she'd cuddle me while she read the book, and she got herself comfy.

"Ready? Okay. Jack Torrance thought: Officious little prick..." while she read to me, I smiled softly at her and she glanced at me occasionally and couldn't help but smile too.

"I'm hungry" I said when she'd finished a chapter

"Should we make some lunch?" She asked

"Yeah. I don't like this house, there's too many stairs"

"It's a workout, come on" she said and I followed her down the two flights of stairs to the kitchen "baby?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you like it?"

"Like what?"

"New house"

"Yeah, it's nice"

"Okay"

"Why would you think that I didn't?"

"You were just saying about the stairs" she said and I shook my head

"It's a nice house, I don't give a fuck if I have to climb stairs sometimes" I poured some boiling water into a pan and she sat on a stool at the island while I cooked us some lunch.

"Do you wanna have a date night tonight?" She asked

"What do you mean?" I frowned "we can't go anywhere"

"I know, but we can just do date things. I'll cook us a nice dinner, you dress up nicely and so will I, then we can maybe go for a little swim?"

"Okay, I like that idea"

"Awesome" she said "you're so cute and pretty"

"You're such a soft top now" I told her

"Because I don't have to be harsh, you're perfect anyway" she said

"Gross" I laughed

We spent the afternoon reading the book together, then she decided it was time to get ready "okay, what do you want me to wear?"

"Suit" I said

"Okay" she kissed my temple and walked off to her closet, and I went into mine to pick out a dress to wear "okay, I'm gonna make dinner now"

"Do you want me to help?"

"No it's okay, just relax. It'll be ready at eight" she said

"What is it?"

"Depends on what you want. It's a choice between your favourite chicken, or steak"

"Chicken please" I said

"Okay, I'll make you some chicken" she said softly and kissed my cheek once again before leaving. I found a tight black satin dress with spaghetti straps put it on with some heels, and then did my hair and makeup nicely. I went downstairs and it smelled really good, and I found Kendall in the kitchen, standing over the stove conscientiously.