Chapter Twenty-Seven

Classes today had dragged ridiculously and I had barely seen my friends all day. I wasn't too bothered by this though as I had mostly been thinking about the altercation between Harry, Draco and Daphne earlier this morning. I was still in complete and utter shock. I hadn't gotten the chance yet to speak to Daphne nor Draco about it as Umbridge had been sitting in on our lessons, grading the teachers and shushing us whenever we even bloody coughed. It was tiring to say the least.

I was currently on my way to the Great Hall for dinner as it was the end of the day when a pair of hands grabbed my arm and pulled me under a large set of stairs. I didn't bother to scream because who ever it was, wasn't very strong. I turned and came face to face with a cheeky looking Seamus and a frightened Neville.

"I'm sorry! It was his idea, we didn't mean to frighten you!" Neville stuttered out quickly, quivering slightly. I kept my face straight for a few more seconds before bursting into laughter which seemed to confuse him.

"Calm down Neville i'm not going to kill you for Merlin's sake. Oh and for the record, I don't think the two of you could frighten me even if you tried" I added with a giggle before crossing my arms and leaning against the stairs we were currently under. "So what'd you guys ambush me for?" I asked jokingly, earning a small chuckle from Neville whilst Seamus grinned widely at me.

"We came to give you this" He said in his strong Irish accent whilst handing me... a galleon?

"Um thanks guys but I don't need your money. You can keep this for yourself" I joked and tried handing him it back but Seamus insisted I keep it. Bloody hell do I look like I need the money or something?

"That's no ordinary galleon" Neville said excitedly but in a hushed tone and I looked at him utterly confused. It was literally an ordinary galleon.

"Care to explain how this ordinary galleon, is no ordinary galleon?" I asked with my eyebrows raised, waiting for what ridiculous story I was going to hear today. I suppose I did need some cheering up...

"This-" Seamus began, taking the galleon and flipping it over in my hand. "is a fake galleon" He said simply.

"And you're giving me a fake galleon because..?"

"These numbers around the edge of the coin will change into the time and date of the next DA meeting. It'll warm up to let you know when it's changed. It's safer this way" he explained and I clamped my hand around the coin to inspect it further. It was a good fake.

"How?" I asked, impressed by the magic performed.

"The Protean Charm. It was Hermiones idea" he replied and I nodded in approval. That girl really was clever. It kind of reminded me of my Dark Mark and how Voldemort uses it to contact his death eaters...

"Brilliant. Really brilliant" I said with a grin, shaking the previous thought out of my head before reading the numbers on the edge of the coin. "The next meeting is tomorrow?" I asked, noticing it had tomorrow's date and 2pm as the time, same as last time. Neville and Seamus both nodded. "Same place?" I asked again, to which they also responded with a nod and I smiled as I placed the coin into my robe pocket.

"I think you should've been a gryffindor" Seamus said as the three of us began walking towards the Great Hall once again.

"How dare you lower me to such filth!" I said jokingly, mocking Draco and the two boys burst into laughter, as did I. "No really, how did you come up with that idea Finnegan?" I asked curiously after we had calmed down.

"You're too nice to be in Slytherin" He said and I gave him a genuine smile. I wish that were true. I couldn't help but let my mind wonder to what they'd think of me if they knew I was a deatheater. Best not to think of that right now.

"Well I think you lot should've been in Slytherin the way you're all sneaking around with these DA meetings!" I said quietly with a chuckle and Seamus faked a hurt expression.

"Hey you're sneaking to them too!" Neville said pointing at me with a wide grin on his face like he had just came up with the best comeback ever.

"I am in Slytherin Neville" I replied with a giggle and he frowned.

"Oh yeah". The three of us burst into laughter once more before we were rudely interrupted.

"What's going on here then?" Draco's voice boomed from behind us, startling me a little as I turned slightly to look at Seamus and Neville who had worried expressions on their face as Draco stalked closer to the three of us.

I turned around fully to face Draco and noticed Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise, Daphne and Tracey also trailing behind him.

"What? Cat got your tongue Longbottom? Speak!" Draco yelled and went to lunge for Neville who was shaking in his skin but before he could do anything I jumped in front of him, knocking my chest into Draco's.

"Draco! I was just on my way to find you because I missed you so I stopped these two to see if they had seen you anywhere" I lied. Well half lied, I did kind of miss him. Only slightly.

I ran my hands down his chest and stomach and stopped at the hem of his trousers before leaning up to his ear and whispering "I wanted to see if I could spend the night with you". That was all it took to have him distracted and I put a thumbs up behind my back, signalling for the two gryffindors to go and I heard them scurry away. That was close.

"You missed me?" He asked looking down at me, licking his lips and I nodded with a smirk.

"Just a little".

He chuckled before pulling me into him and crashing his lips to mine for a hungry kiss. I ran my fingers back up to his neck and tangled them into his hair as his hands reached down to squeeze my bum, making me gasp in delight and giving him the opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth, also surprising me. We remained like this for a little longer and I had almost forgotten the others were behind us when I heard someone clear their throat and Draco and I finally pulled apart. I looked over his shoulder and noticed the five Slytherins looking everywhere but at us and I grinned, making Draco chuckle.

"So... who's hungry!" I exclaimed awkwardly as I grabbed Draco's hand and pulled him towards the Great Hall for dinner.

"Not me anymore" Blaise said in disgust as he looked at us accusingly before speeding off ahead of us.

"Yeah me neither" Daphne added, following after him. I turned to look at Draco and we both wore the same proud grins on our faces. I love that he loved messing with people sometimes.

"I'm starved!" Tracey exclaimed from behind us and I giggled.

"Of course the mudblood would say that" I heard Draco mutter and I turned to glare at him before yanking my hand out of his and slowed my pace so Tracey could catch up with me. Draco huffed but carried on walking with Crabbe and Goyle at his side.

"So what's the deal with Longbottom and his cute friend?" Tracey asked, catching me off guard.

"I told you guys before... I was just looking for Draco" I said, hoping she'd buy my lie. It was a long shot.

"Oh come on, you and I both know you aren't that obsessed with Malfoy" she giggled and I grinned. She already knew me so well.

"Wait, cute friend? You think Seamus is cute?" I said teasing her and she rolled her eyes, linking her arm with mine as we entered the Great Hall.

"Yes, I think he's cute. Is that such a crime?" She asked dreamily and I giggled.

"What about Goyle and his 'soft voice'" I asked, mocking her from days before and she slapped my arm gently.

"Daphne was right, he barely speaks, let alone speaks to me" She said with a grin and we both giggled.

"Speaking of Daphne, don't you think she's been a little- I don't know- off, the past couple days?" I asked, curious as to whether it was all just in my head.

"Eh, probably just on her period" Tracey replied as we reached the Slytherin table and I shrugged.

"Probably".