Chapter Ten

I woke up the next morning utterly confused. I must've slept all through dinner time last night. Turning over in my bed, I stretched out my arms and looked at the clock near the wall and noticed it was only 6am. For Merlin's Sake.

I was the only one awake in the room as I saw Tracey and Daphne either side of me in their beds snoring away, and Pansy and Millicent doing the same opposite me. Ew.

Sitting up eventually, I decided to get an early start to the day and headed for the shower. Might as well make an effort, today is going to be like starting a new school all over again as I have only really attended one and a half lessons. I giggled to myself at this thought whilst turning on the water and taking a long relaxing shower.

After about 20 minutes I was finally finished and quickly collected my uniform and threw it on. My skirt was slightly shorter than it should be but oh well, gotta make an impression, right?

After drying my hair and pulling on my heeled boots, I decided to head down to breakfast early since none of the girls were awake still. Quickly grabbing my wand I head down the stairs and made it out into the common room.

"Up early I see" A voice stated from behind me as I had just about reached the portrait hole. I turned and saw Blaise sitting on one of the leather couches in front of the unlit fire place.

"Ugh" I groaned before turning back to the door and pushing it open.

"Would I like to join you for breakfast? Of course I would!" He exclaimed sarcastically from behind me as he caught the door before it could slam in his face. I rolled my eyes and carried on walking silently as he fell into step next to me.

"I don't know why you get so defensive when I hit on you. It means your hot, take it as a compliment" He said with a smirk. I turned to look at him with a bemused expression on my face.

"Thank you for stating the obvious, Blaise" I said with a small chuckle. He wasn't all that bad. Harmless, I thought.

We walked in comfortable silence the rest of the way to the Great Hall and I sat down at the end of the Slytherin table whilst Blaise took a seat opposite me.

"So why exactly are you up so early?" He asked, seemingly bored. I just shrugged.

"Eh, I couldn't be arsed going back to sleep" I simply stated and he responded with a chuckle so I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Too lazy to go back to sleep, that's a new one" He grinned and I couldn't help but laugh. It did seem kinda silly.

"Leave me alone i'm still a little tired" I pouted and he continued to laugh with a shake of his head and began tucking in to the food that had appeared in front of us. I can see us being good friends.

As I munched on another mouthful of food making small talk with Blaise, a venomous voice was heard coming from the Great Hall doors as other students began entering and joining the Slytherin table.

"Well don't you two look cosy" A voice said, and I looked up and was greeted by a large scowl on Draco's face as he strutted towards us, Crabbe and Goyle following closely behind. They came to a stop next to me as I spoke.

"Oh yeah, so cosy on this hard wooden bench" I responded with a blank face.

"That's not what I meant" He spat back, now lowering himself into the seat bedside me whilst Crabbe and Goyle took their seats either side of Blaise who just watched with an amused smile on his face.

"I know. It's called sarcasm, Draco" I said with an eye roll and playfully nudged his shoulder, but he just side glanced at me with a clear snarl on his face.