Chapter Nine

"What, you don't think I would want a pretty girl in my bed for when the boys get back?" He said with a wide smirk as he led me into his room.

"No" I said honestly. I didn't get that vibe from him, no matter what the other girls said. I felt... safe?

"Huh, funny. Thought the blonde and the mudblood would've poisoned your mind by now" he said sneering, whilst pointing his wand at the door. "Colloportus!" He yelled, locking the door as he turned to me and saw me looking confused.

"You're right, I wouldn't want anyone walking in on us. I have a reputation to uphold" He simply stated and I crawled into his large comfy bed, it was so much better than the beds in the girls dormitories!

"She's not a mudblood, Draco" I said, ignoring his previous statement as he took off his shoes and climbed into his bed next to me. He shifted awkwardly for a moment before I practically threw myself onto him (not in that way).

It took him by surprise as I instantly had my head resting against his chest again as I snuggled into him whilst he lay on his back with an arm wrapped lazily around me. After I sighed in content he relaxed slightly and rested his head on top of mine. It felt strange, I had known this fucking guy for less than 3 days yet here I am, in bed with him for the second time? I must've hit my head pretty hard that morning.

"But she is, a mudblood, is she not?" He questioned, I sighed knowing he was right, but it wasn't a nice thing to say.

"It doesn't matter Draco, she's in Slytherin, isn't that good enough?" I said in a huff and Draco chuckled. I wasn't really fond of this whole blood purity thing, I just went along with it for my parents sake.

"I was shocked when I found out to be fair, sorting a half-blood into Slytherin? Is that hat mad?" He asked and I could hear the spite in his voice and I groaned.

"You're impossible" I finished, trying to roll over away from him but he just grabbed me tighter and I giggled.

"You're a pure-blood aren't you" He said as a statement rather than a question and I nodded against his chest.

"Who are your parents?" He asked curiously and I gulped. Fuck it.

"Marina and Cole Villin" I said quietly, hoping he didn't hear or he misheard. But he didn't.

"The death eaters?" He questioned, I could tell he was looking at me now but I just kept my gaze down to the foot of the bed and nodded again.

There was a short silence before he spoke up again. "My parents are death eaters too" He said, as if trying to reassure me and I smiled a little.

"They are?" I asked, now looking up at him to meet his gaze.

"Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy" He finished, still locking eyes with me. That's when I remembered.

"So sorry Narcissa, it's her first time here as you should probably know. Good to see you again"... "Lucius! Great to see you again".

I shot up out of our comfortable position and Draco looked startled, still with his arm hanging slightly around me. "What's wrong?" He asked worried. I just frowned slightly at him.

"I think our parents know each other. I ran into your mother at the station and your father said that the last time he saw me, I was little" I explained, staring at him. He just shrugged. "It wouldn't surprise me, all death eaters are supposed to know each other, right?" He said cooly and I just nodded and shrugged in response. I suppose he was right. But then I panicked again.

"Do you think death eaters like, tell each other things?" I asked knowingly and he looked at me confused before smirking. I just wanted to know if he knew about me, or at least if his parents did.

"What, you mean like have sleepovers and gossip?" He said mocking me and I groaned in annoyance. "I suppose they have to have trust between each other. I don't know, my father doesn't tell me much" He said honestly. I stared at him for a couple more seconds before speaking.

"Are you one?" I asked. "A death eater?" I said to clarify. This question seemed to knock him off guard a little.

He shook his head and laughed darkly. "No, i'm not even 16 yet" he said and brushed it off. Great, so I really was on my own with this. Before I got all annoyed with my situation I decided it was the best idea to get up and leave. As I moved to stand Draco looked confused and grabbed my hand, gesturing for me to come back as he was still in his laying position. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"To my dorm" I simply replied before he let go of my hand and I walked towards the door. "Alohomora" I said, pointing my wand at the lock on the door and opening it.

"Wait" Draco said sternly, and for some odd reason I obeyed and turned around to face him. He was sitting on his bed this time.

"Yes?" I replied cooly.

"Why do you call me Draco?" He asked like it was the most normal question in the world, but I just laughed.

"If i'm not mistaken, that is your name, correct?" I asked sarcastically and he smirked.

"Yes, but people call me Malfoy" He said still unsure.

"Would you like me to call you Malfoy?" I asked, not believing the stupid conversation we were having.

"No. Draco's fine" He said quickly. "See you around, Villin" and I chuckled.

"Bye Draco" I muttered before leaving his room and closing the door behind me. What the hell.

I walked down the steps from the boys dormitory and out into the common room where suddenly the portrait hole burst open. Phew that was close.

"Maris!" Tracey yelled, throwing her arms around me as Daphne stumbled in with another tray of food and I giggled.

"Guys you don't have to keep bringing me bloody food" I said shaking my head at her.

"Are you kidding? After feeling what you weigh you'd be eating 10 times a day if it was up to me" Daphne half joked and I grinned at her.

"You two are like the overprotective sisters that I never wanted" I joked and playfully nudged them both as they rolled their eyes.

"Eat" Daphne demanded, gesturing to the plate of food they brought.

"Okay, okay! I do eat you know, it just so happens that I don't put weight on easily!" I said honestly, cause man do I eat. A lot.

I lifted the lid again and my tummy grumbled as I saw the pastry's they had brought. "Ooooo thank you guys!" I said excitedly. I always got excited over food, I was so easily pleased. They giggled and kissed my head before heading towards the portrait hole again. "And we'll be back to bring you dinner!" They yelled and I laughed at them both.

As I was half way through eating I heard a little tapping noise from one of the windows and noticed an owl fluttering outside. I stood up and went towards it, opening the window and noticed some parchment attached to its leg which I untied and stroked the owl before it flew back away.

I opened the letter that was addressed to me and soon realised it was from my father.

To my dear Amaris,

I'm glad to hear you have made friends honey, but stay away from that Davis girl. She is half-blood and quite frankly a disgrace to Slytherin house. Now, as you may know dear, The Dark Lord will rise again soon. I will be expecting you as soon as you feel him calling you. You'll know when the time is. Make me proud. I love you.

Father x

I gulped slightly at the mention of the Dark Lord. Not that I was scared of him, because in all honesty I didn't mind that I had to serve him. Shit happens and I had to accept my fate, no point wallowing over it. What I didn't like was how people treated me once they knew what I was, and that's what I was worried about. People finding out about me. The youngest death eater, surely that would make the headlines in the Quibbler. I sighed, not wanting to think about how my life would change so quickly all over again if anyone ever found out my secret. I crumpled up my fathers letter, suddenly not in the mood to talk to him and walked up to my dormitory and happy to find it empty of course. I slipped into my bed and drifted off into a deep sleep, that i'm not quite sure I wanted to wake up from.