xxiii. Johnny Cade;

• • •JOHNNY CADE AFTER YOU REJECT HIM• • •

• • •
JOHNNY CADE AFTER YOU REJECT HIM
• • •

You were chatting with Dally and he kept making you laugh.

"Hey uh, my friend over there has a uh little crush on you." He drunkly points over to Johnny.

"Johnny? What? No he doesn't. He's my best friend." You tell him. Dally shakes his head and laughs.

"He does, even go as him. I'm uh sure he'll tell you the uh truth."

You roll your eyes and make your way over to Johnny.

"Hey, Johnnycake." You smile.

"Hey, y/n." He nods and moves over for you to sit down. "Having fun with Dally?"

You shrug and sigh. "He's a bit drunk and saying things I know ain't true."

"Like what?" Johnny asks.

You shrug once again. "That you have a crush on me, which is just bizarre. Literally, your my best friend."

Johnny stays quiet.

You look over at him and notice him looking at you.

"You Alright Johnny Cade?"

"Yeah. I'm fine y/n." He lies.

Johnny wasn't alright. He told Dally not to tell a living soul about his crush on you - especially you -.

Johnny couldn't hold it back anymore. He just broke.

"No, y/n. I'm not alright. I am deeply in love with you. And yes I know, your my best friend but it's just so hard not to fall even more in love with you."

You were stuck. You just stared at him shocked.

"Oh- uh Johnny, I know were best friends and all but I just- I just don't feel the same way."

It broke Johnny' heart hearing you say those words. He was sure you'd say you love him back and then you'd live happily ever after, but it was far from that. You just rejected him.

"Oh- that's uh alright y/n. We can just stay as friends." Johnny quietly whispers then gets up walking away from the party.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Should I do a part 2?