"I'm here now," he murmured, "it will all be okay."

As he spoke the words I knew they were the absolute truth, and that is when I knew it, clear as day.

Sebastian, I...

I love you.

Sebastian slipped out of his tailcoat and wrapped it over my shredded dress, hiding all the skin. He frowned when he saw the cuts on my stomach and chest, left by the dagger.

My body was still weakened by the drug and I wasn't able to support my own weight, so I fully gave myself to him. He handled me gently, the way a jeweller handles a diamond, and it made me warm inside.

"This isn't how I imagined you seeing me unclothed for the first time," I admitted weakly.

"We won't make it count," he responded, looking down at me with concern. Sebastian's slim eyebrows furrowed further when his eyes found the bruise forming on my right cheek.

"Did he... did he take you?"

I knew what he meant.

A pit formed in my stomach at the darkness that coated the demons eyes as he spoke the words. As if he was ready to travel all the way to the depths of hell and seek out Frederick's loathsome soul and make him live through all the kinds of tortures that the demon carried with him from the beginnings of ages. It was almost enough to make me feel sorry for Frederick. Almost.

I finally shook my head 'no'.

Perceivably relieved, Sebastian wrapped his arms tighter around me.

He leaned in towards my face, softly grazing his warm lips along my bruised cheek and planting a tender kiss over it.

At that moment, a bold voice came from the room's entrance, making me flinch from surprise. It said, "What a mess. Couldn't you be a tad bit tidier, Sebaschaaan."

I saw Sebastian's face drop, and that sparked my curiosity.

The voice belonged to a person in a bright red outfit who appeared in the corner of my vision. I wanted to get a better look at them, so I tilted my head to the side, also getting a view of the bloodbath that the demon had made. The sight made my stomach turn in revolt.

"Don't look," said the butler protectively, covering my eyes with a hand and pulling my face to his lean chest.

I didn't have the power to resist him.

I felt myself being lifted up into the air, as Sebastian picked me up bridal style. 

"Leaving already?" The person in red spoke again.

Sebastian ignored them, heading out, unbothered.

He kept his hand secured over my eyes, and I got the feeling that it wasn't just the blood that he didn't want me to see.