11

Y/N's POV

Sebastian returned an hour's quarter later with a weirdly looking drink in one hand and a letter in the other.

I emptied the glass in one shot, trying not to think of its awful taste and texture. Hopefully, it would help my head clear up soon. 

"Who's the letter from?" I motioned at the paper in his hand.

The demon handed it to me, saying, "Frederick Robinson."

"I don't believe I know him," I ripped off the seal and began reading. "Frederick says he's a friend of Alexander's," my voice shook a bit at the name despite my efforts not to let it, "he's inviting me for supper at the Robinson Estate tomorrow night. Such a short notice." I summarized the content and gave the paper back to the butler.

All the actions were made with my head down. I couldn't bring myself to look Sebastian in the eyes after having spent a night with him. What could he possibly be thinking of me now?

"You don't have to go if you don't feel well enough yet," said Sebastian cautiously.

"I told you I feel fine!" I snapped back at him, " I'm going."

I could be strong; I would make myself strong again. These emotions were nothing. I wouldn't let them get to me anymore.

"Y/N, don't lie to yourself. You don't have to prove anything to me or to anyone else, think about your own well being," continued Sebastian, "it's okay to feel-"

I raised up a hand, silencing him, "I told you to forget about the things I said. That wasn't me, that was the alcohol talking. If I say I'm fine, that means I'm fine. I'm going to the Robinson Estate tomorrow. "

And yet I still couldn't bring myself to look him in the eyes.

"Yes, my lady."

Sebastian's POV

She was not fine.

It was clear as day.

Sebastian couldn't understand why she'd lie to him, and most importantly to herself. In a battle, winning is important, but it is just as important to know when to draw back and recover, so you can come back stronger than before.

The demon shifted from one foot to another, uncertain if there was a point in mentioning it his master.

He had to find a way to make her stay without hurting her pride.

"I'm going with my day as usual, what's the schedule looking like?" Y/N asked.

"Piano class at noon and all of yesterday's unfinished paperwork to do on top of today's."

"Right..."

"But first I insist you eat something."

Sebastian helped Y/N dress and accompanied her to the dining room where a table was already set.

"If you're in fact feeling well, you'll eat," Sebastian stated and watched as Y/N attempted to hide away her discomfort, as she took a seat before a steaming plate.

She took a bite, then two, and washed them down with water. Her face remained ghostly pale and Sebastian got worried that because of her stubbornness she'll get sick, but she continued taking small bites nonetheless, finishing half a plate.

"Told you," she smiled at him and dabbed her mouth with a napkin before getting up from the table and heading back upstairs. "You can bring tea to the study. I'll be down at noon for the piano lesson."

Sebastian followed her with his eyes all the way to the door.

"Yes, my lady."

_________________________________

Turned out pretty short, but more coming tomorrow 😝 (still not as short as Ciel is tho)