17

Y/N's POV

I clenched my teeth when Sebastian poured disinfectant over the wound. Not only did it sting a lot, but it was cold too.

The demon was sitting beside me on the bed, the first aid spread out on the covers. He decided to do a second round of cleaning to be sure it didn't get infected or something.

I was in nothing but my undergarments and a blanket wrapped around me. One strap on my bra had to be undone because it went right over the bite and that hurt. I held up my hair with one hand because it kept getting in the way, and with the other I held the blanket over me to cover up at least some of my body.

Sebastian pressed a cotton pad to the wound and started applying the bandages over it. He was awfully reserved as he worked. Not a single sarcastic remark, or flirty joke, or even playful 'accidental' touch.

He gave the bandage a tug and I couldn't help but flinch, "aaw."

"Sorry."

Not even eye contact from him.

It's like he completely retreated into himself.

"You know," I began saying, "earlier, the blood got all mixed with the water and it made the bite look a lot worse than it really is. It doesn't even hurt; I can barely feel it."

That made him pause and look up at me. At last our eyes met. I wanted him to read it in mines that I truly forgave him. There was nothing to worry about.

"You're a terrible liar," he told me and broke the eye contact. 

"I'm not lying, it really doesn't bother me. I'll be as good as new tomorrow, you'll see," this frustrated me, why couldn't he just understand that it was okay. The butler just tensed and kept on tying the bandages around my shoulder without answering.

My patience ran out.

"Sebastian, look at me," I cupped his face with my hands, letting my hair fall back down and the blanket slip off me, exposing my half bared self. I turned his face towards mine and he directed his shining, blood red irises to look into mines, seeming a bit taken aback.

"Out of all the people, or, beings I should say, that I know, you are the one that I trust the most. Nobody's perfect - accidents happen. But I trust what you said, that you'll never hurt me again. So please trust yourself also and forget what already passed and can no longer be changed," I took a breath before continuing. The demons stilled, surprise written over his face, "I forgive you, Sebastian. I forgive you and I lov-"

 I forgive you and I lov-"

I caught my tongue.

Sebastian's dark eyes suddenly grew wider than I've ever seen them before.

Was I really about to say love you?

No, no way.

"...and I love..." the wheels in my head were turning at full speed, "I-I love the way that you usually are, ahaha, so please go back to being your usual self and stop messing around."