18

It was a long ride to the Robinson's.

The sky was grey and somber outside the small carriage window, and the clouds hung low with a promise of rain later on in the day. The unchanging scenery of plain grass fields and farmlands soon began to bore me.

Sebastian sat across from me, seeming just as bored, yet we rode in silence, neither having anything to say.

All of a sudden, a black wasp, as thick as my thumb, flew into the window and began circling around me.

I squealed and sat back against the wall of the carriage to get as far away from the thing as possible, attracting the butler's attention with the commotion.

The insect began flying close to my face and I shouted at Sebastian to get it away from me.

He sprung up in his seat, ordering me, "don't move."

The demon pulled out a fork from somewhere inside his coat and began taking aim at the abnormally huge insect. At the same time, the wasp came down to sit on the collar of my dress; I yelped and froze in my seat. Apparently my distress was funny because Sebastian couldn't keep from laughing.

"Just get it already," I yelled, irritated, my patience running thin.

"It's attracted to the bright color of your dress," Sebastian explained and put the fork back in an inside pocket of his coat, obviously unable to throw it anymore.

With a movement faster than the human eye can see, Sebastian threw out his hand and grabbed the little sucker by the wings. It wiggled in protest in his grasp, trying to reach his fingers with its stinger.

Holding the wasp in front of the window, Sebastian flicked it with his other hand, sending it flying through the sky and far from view, probably all the way to America.

I breathed out in relief.

"Do you always carry cutlery with you?" I asked mockingly.

"You're welcome," Sebastian told me, ignoring my question, and with a smile, added, "your collar is off," motioning at a spot on his neck, acting like a mirror.

After my failed attempt to fix it, Sebastian switched his seat and came to sit by my side to do it himself. He unfolded the rim saying, "there," then, unexpectedly, slid his hand over the side of my face and guided me to look at him.

His eyes grew a shade darker and his smile took a malicious twist.

Butterflies set off in my stomach.

He slid a fallen lock of hair behind my ear and traveled the length of my jawline with his gloved fingers, stopping at my chin, lifting it upwards towards his face.

"What are you-" I began saying, but he cut me off.

With a voice deep and smooth like the finest silks, he murmured, "it's just the two of us in here. Let's continue where we left off," his thumb grazed my bottom lip as he feasted on it with his eyes, sending a shiver up my back.

My heart began racing.

"But w-what about the coachman," I said in a voice shakier than normal, "he could hear us," I escaped Sebastian's grasp and backed away from him, but didn't get far as my back met the wall of the carriage. He immediately closed the distance between us again, smiling, like a cat playing with a mouse.

"We'll be quiet," the demon answered, baring his canines, "I won't make you scream this once."

My face exploded with heat at those words, much to his pleasure.

Sebastian undid the top few buttons of his shirt, revealing his strong neck and chest. His lust filled eyes sparkled with hellish fire. Bringing an arm against the wall beside my head, he leaned in, only a breath away.