1

Welcome to my fanfiction! Hope you enjoy, my lovelies! 💕

I'll include some of my favorite AMV at the top of the chapters ⬆️⬆️⬆️
___________________________________

"... but most of all, Alexander will be missed by his beloved fiance. Only two months away from the wedding, this tragedy destroyed the feature of a beautiful couple. I will now let Y/N Phantomhive say a few words."

Sebastian slightly nudged my shoulder when I, as if in a trance, remained in my seat.

Y/N Phantomhive. Yes, that's me.

Collecting my thoughts, I quickly stood up.

I never expected this many people to attend Alexander's funeral; families sat shoulder to shoulder, and nevertheless some of the latest arrivals weren't able to find a seat and had to make do with standing against the wall at the back of the church. Most of the faces I didn't recognize, despite being in Alexander's circles for almost all of my life, as we've been betrothed since early childhood.

Impatient heads turned in my direction to see why I was taking my time.

I brushed down the skirt of my black dress, and walked down the narrow aisle, between pews jammed with mourning friends and relatives, and towards the small stage up front.

Funny how two months from now I was meant to walk that very same aisle in a white dress, with a white veil flowing behind me and white petals showering me from above. Instead, the only color that this church gets to see on me is black.

My movements didn't feel like my own as I climbed the steps of the stage.

"Thank you, Margaret," I told the woman leading the sermon and took her spot in the center, by the life size portrait of my deceased fiance leaning against a black coffin.

I regretted glancing at the portrait, as the soft brown eyes looking back from it made my chest grow tight with impotence and a sob get caught in my throat.

I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't cry during the funeral. I wanted to remain strong for the sake of my name.

All the eyes were on me now, digging right through my soul like a sea of starving predators; sizing me up, reading my face for the slightest sign of weakness.

My heart raced like a stallion against my chest. I took a deep breath in through my nose and pursed my dry lips. I wasn't sure whether words or sobs would come out of my mouth once I opened it, but I couldn't let myself just keep standing there and be eaten alive by the crowd.

That's when I met Sebastian's gaze, cold and hungry, as usual; it seemed to reach to the darkest parts of me.

I could never tell what that demon was thinking and it drove me insane. Even if I knew I had total control over him, there was this unsettling feeling at the back of my mind that no matter what I did or ordered, everything always went according to his plans.

He smirked at me and a little red fire danced across his eyes. Seeing his familiar face amongst all the foreign ones helped me find that last bit of assertiveness that I needed to be able to get a grip of myself. I swallowed back the rising sobs and cleared my throat.

"Alexander was more than just a fiance. He was my best friend; my family," words seemed to flow naturally out of my mouth. Confidence returned to me.

The speech took only a couple of minutes, but by the end I saw some people tearing up and gifting me with sad smiles. I was relieved that I managed to withhold a strong image the whole while. Fake it till you make it, that's what they say, right? As I was descending the stairs of the stage, my thoughts were something like "don't cry don't cry don't cry"

I bit my bottom lip in hopes of distracting myself with the pain. They would not see me vulnerable.

It's a good thing that I chose to sit in the back row. That way, I get less attention. I finally reached the last pew and took the seat beside Sebastian's.

"Such a touching speech," the demon whispered, leaning towards me a bit as to not let the others hear, "yet you didn't even shed a tear."

Was that mockery in his voice?

"Of course not," I whispered back, slightly annoyed at the comment, "after all, I'm a Phantomhive."

I flinched when I suddenly felt Sebastian's gloved hand on my chin. Before I could speak, he guided my head to face him. His slim eyebrows were knotted together as he looked down at my mouth. "You're bleeding," he stated and slid his thumb over my bottom lip. I guess must have bitten on it too hard.

The action was so sudden that I sat there like a deer in headlights. All I did was watch as Sebastian then brought his bloodied glove up to his own mouth and licked it.

Freaking licked it

"What the hell?!" I exclaimed and slapped his hand away, getting some angry looks from the people sitting close to us. "Sorry. Sorry." I whispered my apologies to them, bowing my head.

"Sebastian!" I snapped back at him, quieter this time, "What was that?"

He looked at me like he didn't have a clue what I meant.

"I told you you were bleeding," he simply said in his defense.

"You-" I trailed off when the lady sitting in front of us turned around and aggressively put her index to her lips, the universal "shud up" gesture.

I sighed and decided to let it go. It's not the first time Sebastian did something weird like that. But after all he's a demon, so maybe I shouldn't be all that surprised by it. Does blood taste that good to him?

Glancing sideways, I saw Sebastian smirking at me; his irises aglow with crimson.

That sent a shiver up my spine.

But the service went on and my previous thoughts were soon drowned away by the soul crushing wave of exasperation that came over me.

Alexander, who I loved more than anything in my life, was gone from my grasp forever.

________________________________

This is it, my loves ❤
Posting the next chapter tomorrow.
Have a wonderful day!!