Chapter 36 Ice and Nicknames

Start from the beginning

I nod my head smiling at him, "Just lower your head a bit so I don't get tired doing yours."

He listens, lowering his head down so it's not that far of a reach. Jay isn't as tall as Cole or Kai, but he's closer in height with Kai than anyone else.

Drawing the tattoos that Chen's people have on Jay's face. I was trying my best for them to look good, but we were kinda in a rush. After all, we are trying to find out where Zane is and what Chen is up to.

I want to know how he knows about my Serpentine Blood, it's weird that he knows. Heck, my adoptive parents don't even know. Only the Ninja, Wu, Garmadon, and Misako know, I think. Was he spying on me before we even met him? He knew about it before I knew about him.

He must have definitely been spying on me, which also me the ninja. Since I live with these crazy boys.

Running my ring finger across Jay's freaked, I finished them off. "Alright, now mine."

Jay began with my tattoos, he was definitely being soft on my face. 'Was I not soft with his?'

Jay's shoulders drop like a heavy sigh escape his lips, "I'm sorry. They do not look good."

"It's okay, Jay! We are going to be in the back anyway, so Chen probably won't see us," I reassured him give a toothless smile.

His hand left my face give me a thumbs up before cleaning off the chocolate from his hand.

Bowing multiple times as I followed the chant. It's more tiring than that lie I told Lloyd. I am actually getting tired of doing this.

A loud bang rings through the room, I looked my head up to see everyone bowing their heads all the way down. I quickly did before Chen could react.

"Bring out the loser!" I hear Clouse command.

Peeking up I watch as Karlof get pushed to the ground, I couldn't make out what he was saying. But I could guess he was asking what was going on.

"Only one can remain!"

The staff Chen was holding faced Karlof, the frosty ice touch Karlof. His body raising up and dropping down to the ground.

'Ice? That means Zane... Zane is here...'

"Huh, where are my powers?"

"Y/n?"

I glance towards Cole, who was missing a bunch of chocolate tattoos. "Your tattoos..."

"Yours too..."

"Get them!"

And with that word, I ran. I ran alongside the ninja down the hall trying to avoid Chen's cultist, now confirmed by me. We weren't getting caught any day, and especially not today. Skipping over the booby trap, my ears hear it snap. "Oh no..."

Looking behind us, I see a bolder running over the cultists. Good, but it didn't stop.

"Run!"

My legs going as fast as they can run, not looking back. But I wish I did. I was stopped in my tracks.

In the shadows down the hall, bright red eyes shined. Piercing like a type of serpentine, a type I know. "Uh... guys..." I whisper stepping back away from whatever serpentine that is.

"Is that...?"

The large purple serpentine came into view of our eyes. A huge Anacondrai.

"THAT IS THE SECOND BIGGEST SNAKE I'VE SEEN!" Jay shouts followed by a scream as we climb up the wall.

The serpentine following fast on our trail. I was going as fast as my arms and feet would take me. Using lots of physical at once as fast as you can, tires you out fast.

My arm pulled from the wall into a small hole in the wall. Backing up onto whatever ninja was behind me, trying to avoid being eaten by this overgrown serpentine.

I scream alongside Jay trying to get as far as away from this thing as possible. They could eat me in one swallow.

I felt the ground disappear below for a bit. Closing my eyes as I was falling, but only for a few seconds, before landing on something soft. Comfy defiantly.

Opening one eye open, I see the familiar fire boy room. Looking around I see the ninja laying beside me, all landing bad. Me, who perfectly landed without hitting one of the boys. I laugh, "You guys need to practice landing."

"Landing!? You were one screaming back there! And did you forget we were almost eaten alive!?!" screams Jay shooting up from the bed.

"I didn't forget. Just you guys distracted me," I smile with a small chuckle. "Now, I know a lot happened tonight. But, can we talk about this tomorrow with some sleep?"

"That is right, we haven't gotten much sleep," comments Cole sitting up.

"Yeah, let's all get some sleep and talk in the morning," the green ninja states standing up.

I nod my head walking out towards the balcony doors, opening them up. I walk to the edge jumping up to the next rail. Holding myself stead before getting ready for the next jump.

"Y/n?"

My head turns to the Green Ninja standing on his balcony. I jump to his sitting down on the edge, "What is up, Blondie?"

A soft chuckle escapes his lips, the soft ones, "I thought I got rid of the name."

I shake my head swinging my feet as he stepped closer to me. "Nope! Not one chance, Blondie. So, what is up?"

"You okay after that... that snake chase?"

I was going to admit, that was scary. It was the biggest serpentine I've seen. Since I didn't see the Great Devourer the ninja fought. "It was a big Anacondri, definitely scary. But I'll manage..."

"Alright," he smiles. "I was just wondering after that scream... you looked really scared..."

"I was- You were looking at me instead of the serpentine trying to eat us?"

"Uh- Well... No... The snake was in front of me and- well you were too..."

I reach out patting Lloyd's head, surprisingly. His hair was really soft, I mean really soft. Softer than anything I've felt. I would love to run my fingers through his hair for hours. "It's fine, Lloyd. I look at you too. Now, we should really get some sleep."

Pulling my hand back, his soft hair touch still lingering on my fingers. "You are right. Have a good night, Scaredy Cat."

I was going to comment on the nickname he gave me, but I kinda liked it. I giggled adjusting my feet on the rail, "Good night, Green Ninja." I wave him goodbye before jumping up to my room.

Hi! So @CrystalRoseStar made some fanart! I love it so much! She posted it on our discord! Thank you so much!