• seventy: part one •

Start from the beginning

"I wouldn't call it overprotective. I'm just a fucking rider. If it seems like someone's tryna play any of y'all, I'm on they ass immediately."

"Sooo... overprotective?" she said smartly. "Girl it's fine. From the few things she's told me about him so far, he seems cool. Don't be out here threatening to beat his ass the first time you hear something you don't wanna hear. Give him a chance."

"Please tell me who ass I'm finna beat with all this stomach?" I joked.

"Oh, right. I definitely remember those days. You gotta look at the bright side when it starts to get to you though. You're almost due, you have an excuse for people to wait on you hand and foot, you boutta get two push gifts, and you're still cute through it all. Then when you finally see those babies' faces you'll forget about all the pain and discomfort you've been feeling."

"I know that's right sista." I said in agreement, giving her some snaps. "I'm very much ready."

"At this point, you ain't got no choice." she laughed.

"For real. Anyway what else you been up to?"

"You know y'all will see each other later right?" Trey interjected, trying to get smart with me.

"I see yo ass everyday yet somehow I still feel the need to talk to you all the time, do I not?" I responded quickly.

I didn't even realize how snappy that comment was until he gave me a look then pushed my feet off his lap and left the room.

"Damn it." I whispered under my breath. "Bey I'ma have to call you back. Matter fact I'll just see you when you get here."

"Whew chile. That mouth of yours will forever be your downfall." she chuckled.

"It's not funny." I frowned.

"It sure ain't. Even I felt the blow of that shit and it wasn't even directed towards me."

"Bey!" I groaned.

"Okay I'm done I'm done. Go fix it girl. The last thing you'd wanna do is ruin this day."

We hung up and I sat up trying to look for him. "Trey I'm sorry. Come back."

No answer.

"Babe pleaseee!" I called out. "I really didn't mean it."

Still nothing. He's being petty but I guess I deserve it. I'll just give him his space for now until I figure out a way to butter him up.

"Bubbaaa. Come to mommy, I'm lonely." I said to TJ who was nearby doing his own thing.

He walked up to me with a pouch of applesauce I gave him earlier in his hand

"You all done?"

He nodded then reached up trying to put the pouch toward my mouth.