• twenty seven •

Kelly
Wednesday, January 10
Sydney, Australia

"Frank, can we take a damn break? Shit! How the hell the show starts in a couple of hours and we still going over routines?" I complained to our choreographer and creative director, Mr. Frank Gatson himself.

We were currently in... you guessed it, rehearsals. I didn't think we needed to do anything else but I'm surrounded by a bunch of perfectionists. Don't get me wrong, I'm a perfectionist too but I also like to have some down time before a show, damn it.

"Look, I'm just trying to make sure everything is in tip-top shape. You're one of the greatest girl groups of all time, you can't afford to be making mistakes." Frank replied.

"Usually I would be teasing Kelly and calling her a weakling, but I actually agree with her this time." Bey said.

"Thank y— oh, you bitch." I mumbled under my breath, realizing the backhanded ass statement she just made.

"I agree with Kelly too." Michelle chimed in. "Gon make me mess around and have an asthma attack, and ion even have asthma."

"Is y'all getting old on me? Jesus Christ." he said.

"Naw, you just overworking us." Bey chuckled. "How come you're not bothering my girls as much?" She was referring to Chloe x Halle, who were opening for us on tour.

"Cause they just the opening acts. Ain't nobody expecting much from them. People are really coming to see y'all."

"Frank!" Bey, Michelle, and I exclaimed.

"What? It's no shade, I love those girls. I'm just telling the truth." He shrugged.

"Whatever." Bey mumbled, rolling her eyes. "But for real though, can we take a break?"

"Alright, how bout we take 5. After that, we'll run through the Lose My Breath/Say My Name/Soldier routine one more time. Then y'all will be free to go."

We nodded in agreement and sat down. I grabbed a water bottle nearby and guzzled that shit down, then pulled out my phone to check my notifications.

"Girl what is you doing... it's almost 1am in LA." Beyoncé said to me.

"Mind ya business." I said jokingly. I opened up Instagram since I ain't been on there all day, and I shrieked at the first post I saw on my timeline cause bitch it was me!

"What the heck you screaming for?" Michelle asked, mean mugging me.

"My baby posted me!" I squealed.

"So damn dramatic. You act like he ain't never post you before." Bey laughed. "Lemme see."

"Hold on." I typed something in the comments then handed the phone to Bey.

"Aww, this is cute! That's a pretty picture too, Kelz."

"Thank you boo."

She sat there examining the comments and shit as Michelle tried to look over her shoulder.