Prologue

Prologue

I yawned once more as I sat there by the hill. I was getting tired of having to fight with Lady Tsunade on everything.

"You have to do this! It's your responsibility!" I imitated with a scowl.

I closed my eyes, shook my head and layed on the grass. The moon was not shining through my eyelids lie the horrid sun did. I was starting to hate the mornings more than ever. Th enight was just so peaceful an quiet...perfect for thinking.

I heard someone clear their throat and for a moment I thought it was Kakashi. I turned and saw the face. It was Sasuke of course. I still saw the picture of his older self from the future I had destroyed within the first ten minutes I arrived here. That must have been a record.

"Hi." I said, non-emotionally.

"Hello.." He said, sitting next to me. "What are you doing here?" He asked nicely.

"Er..." I sighed..here we go trying to get me say the thruth. "I like coming here at night It helps me think. The moon looks perfect on this hill. And you can see Konoha." I admited.

He nodded, his eyes locked on my face, a feeing I should have gotten used to already but couldn't. Still..it was all just too familiar. "I see you here all the time." He admited himself.

I turned to him. "Well..you should have come to say hi..."

He looked down at his hands. "I-I couldn't bring myself to it...you looked too peaceful..and restless. Sometimes I thought it was better for you to just rest. You seem to a...." He looked up at something, trying to find the right word. "anger..I guess, evertime you see me."

I chuckled. "You don't..anger me. I'm just..." Could I possibly tell him about the alternate future he had created that I so obviously destroyed? The one where he killed and I loved him so hopelessly. No, of course not. "Nothing, forget it. It's just that. Well..you know I've seen your other future. And when I think of the stuff you did it kind of makes me uneasy."

It wasn't completely a lie..

He sighed, no longer asking what was so bad about the future is come from. "I came here today though, Maiko."

I nodded, taking it for granted he was one of the only one who'd said my name and not 'Princess'.

"I wanted to ask you one thing. And I have no idea how I'm getting the courage." He laughed at himself, mockingly. "It's just one thing I'd never thought possible, I thought that revenge was my greatest anbition..and I realized it's not."

"What is it then?" I asked, curious. He was acually getting out of revenge plan. Itachi was going to live this time.

"I wanted to ask you..if there was any way that you.." He hesitated getting bright red. "If there was any way you could ever love me the way I love you."

My eyes widenned and my jaw almost dropped five feet. I was absolutely taken by surprise. He'd said he'd fancied me once but love? His face fell at my expression and he stood up and turned, heading away.

I grabbed his wrist, making him turn. He stood motionless as I stood up.

"That was probably the sweetest thing I've ever heard." I said

He looked at me in the eye. I smiled and pecked his cheek, his face glowing bright red.

"We can always try." I told him as he smiled, not smirked, actually smiled