Not Gonna Work

"Attention campers. As some of you may know already, we have invited the Romans to stay with us here at Camp Half-Blood due to the fact that their camp is under construction for gods who knows." Chiron announces at camp fire. Mutters of the Romans were heard, good mutters. Everyone cheered.

"I'm glad you all agree that this will be a good experience. Goodnight everyone!"

I walked away from the campfire and up the hill to my lonely cave. I laid down in bed and thought about what tomorrow would be like, the Romans were going to be at the Greek camp...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome to Camp Half-Blood Miss. Reyna" Chiron said to the Praetor of Camp Jupiter.

"We thank you very much for letting us stay here while our camp is under construction from attack" attack? what attack? There was an attack on the Roman camp?

"You're always welcome here. Have everyone file in. I have the sleeping arrangements right here." Chiron said handing Reyna a list with names. She read off names and where they were to stay for the next 3 months with us. Everyone was departing to their rightful cabins. I wasn't listening much until I heard

"Octavian you'll be in Miss. Rachel Elizabeth Dare's cave with her." EXCUSE ME?! YOU ARE MOVING SOMEONE INTO MY CAVE?! AND IT'S A BOY?! Then he stepped up. I kinda froze. He wasn't half bad...

"And who would that be" he said. He didn't look to happy to be here.

"Um right here" I said raising a shy hand. He stopped dead in his tracks and scanned me from head to toe. Then his eyes met mine. They were beautiful. I saw Connor out the corner of my eye, I could've sworn I saw jealousy. Like he knew something that I didn't though.

"Um ohkey anyone else I need to show to MY cave?" I said putting the emphasis on 'my'.

"Nope just Octavian. You two are quite similar actually" Reyna said putting on a sly smirk. Oh shit what is she doing.

"Ohkey, well right this way" I said leading Octavian to my cave. I guess I'm gonna have to get used to this situation since it's for the next 3 months.

~~~later that night~~~

Connor's POV

I went up to Rachel's cave and all I could hear was laughing and joking. I really hate this Octavian guy. I saw they way he was looking at Rachel and I saw the look in her eyes when his and hers met. This guy is taking Rachel from me. I knocked on the cave wall.

"Who is it" I heard Rachel say.

"Connor. Can I talk to you outside?"

"Sure, one minute." I heard her shutting something, laptop. I've always been jealous that she can have electronic devices since she's a mortal.

"Octavian don't you dare" I heard her say with a laugh.

"I'm not I swear, although you shouldn't have given me the password."

"I'll deal with you later." Then she stepped out of the cave.

"What's up Connor."

"Oh you know just wanted to know when you wanted me too talk with Apollo about the whole us dating thing." her joyful look suddenly went slack.

"Oh um, about that Connor. I don't think that's gonna work out" she said with a shrug.

"What, why not?" I said looking shocked, and feeling jealously rage inside me.

"Oh you see there's another guy sorry" she said looking down. Octavian.

"Octavian."

"Um ya. But don't say anything please"

"Fine, but just letting you know I already visited Apollo and Aphrodite and guess what, it's perfect now that you like Octavian because they said that's the only guy they'd ever let you date!" I said then stormed off so angry. Why was it that everyone was able to have a perfect relationship but me. Sometimes I wish I was my brother, or Percy, or Jason, or anyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey I'm ba- OCTAVIAN YOU SWORE YOU WOULDN'T" I saw him there on my laptop listening to my music. I'm am so freaking embarrassed now. I listen to people like 5sos, 1D, Imagine Dragons, Taylor Swift. Oh my gods I don't want him knowing my playlist.

"ah but did I swear on the River Styx"

"GODS! I hate that freaking river."

"haha I love it"

"You little weirdo" I said reclaiming my spot next to him on my bed and grabbed my laptop and putting it back on my lap.

"shall we resume our Once Upon a Time marathon."

"Yup. I can't believe you've never seen this show before"

"Ehh. Can you press play now, I need to know what happens between Emma and Graham" I laughed at this.

"He dies"

"YOU LITTLE SHIT!" he said punching me in the arm.

"Hey it's not like he matters anyway, this only like the 6th episode or something" I laughed.

"I hate you so much you know" he said jokingly.

"Right back at you bro" I said and he smiled and then I pressed play.

~~~1 month later ~~~

It's been 4 weeks since the Roman's first joined us. Since Octavian came into my life. It's about 11:00 pm and Octavian and I are still up watching Once Upon a Time.

"DON'T KILL HER! YOU'RE UNDER A CURSE!" Octavian screamed at my computer screen. I laughed at him.

"You're cute when you're furious" I said. Then he leaned over and kissed me real quick. Then he just went back to yelling at the scree like nothing happened, although his uncontrollable grinning begged to differ. I don't know why everyone hates him, he's actually really sweet. And then soon enough 12:00 fell upon us. We decided it was time to go to sleep. I stood outside the cave while he changed into his pajamas and he stood outside the cave while I changed.

"ugh," I heard Octavian half yell half cough as I head punches being thrown. I quickly threw my shirt on and ran outside they cave to find Octavian laying on the floor with a few large red marks. Then I heard someone running down the hill and away from the cave.

"Octavian wh- what happened. Who did this?!"

"Co- Connor" that- THAT BITCH!

"That Bitch! That jealous bitch!"

"Rachel it's fine. I'm fine" he said standing.

"No Octavian, we need to get you to the infirmary you're bleeding"

"No Rachel, it's fine, really. I'm sure you have a bandage somewhere. Let's just go back inside."

"Are you sure?'

"Absolutely."

"Ohkey then" I said and we walked back into the cave. He hopped into my bed and I stared at him. Then he patter the mattress next to him. I joined him and laid my head on his chest. I turned my desk lamp out (the only source of light I have) and we both laid back. He put his arm around me and his head on top of my head.

"Does this mean we're dating now" he said.

"I don't know" I said jokingly.

"Oh come on Rachel, you know you love me"

"Ohkey, maybe I do" I said and soon enough we both fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~