𝚂𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝙼𝚢 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 - 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖

Warnings: none

Second person pov bc I said so.
(Idk what pov do y'all like best?)

...

You and Clay were on a walk down a shaded path in the park. You two had been best friends since sixth grade. Neither of you admitted it, but you've liked each other since sixth grade.

As you were walking you noticed Clay look down out of the corner of your eye. You looked over at him and noticed his cheeks were turning a light shade of red. "You good?" You asked, cocking an eyebrow. 

"Y-yeah." He stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck. But he had butterflies in his stomach, and his anxiety was rushing.

You and Clay talked for a bit longer before branching off of the dirt path to watch the sunset on a soft grassy hill.

You laid down and stretched, putting your hands behind your head and closing your eyes.

You heard Clay giggle and you felt him boop your nose. You opened your eyes and scrunched your nose at him. "What?" You wondered why he laughed.

"You can't watch the sunset with your eyes closed, silly." He said, smiling down at you. You sat up and leaned your head on Clay's shoulder, and he leaned his head on yours.

"The sunset is beautiful." You said. "Just like you." Clay said, but you could tell he was being serious. "No, I'm not." You said. "Yes you are. I'm being serious." He said, a small warm smile on his lips.

He sighed and lifted his head off of yours. "There's something I need to tell you." He said, fiddling with his thumbs as you lifted your head to look at him.

"Hmm?" You hummed a response. "Well- I- I really don't know how to say this." He stuttered. "It's okay, we've been best friends since sixth grade, you can tell me anything, it's always been that way." And it was true, every time one of you had a problem, you would just vent to the other person.

"Well," Clay's anxiety stopped him, but he had to just say it. Just do it. He thought. It's just words. "I- I like you. More than friends." He admitted. Your eyes went wide, and you immediately felt your face heat up. "I- I like you too." You looked into his emerald green eyes as he looked back at you. You were both smiling, and before you knew it your lips met, a burst of emotions happening in both of you.

||||||||||-//////////

You sat on your bed, it was nine in the afternoon. And that's when you got a call from your boyfriend. You two had spend the past day just texting back and forth. Clay had to work so he couldn't call, but he managed to text.

"Y/n!" Clay's happy voice greeted you. "Heyyyy." You said, dragging out the 'y'. "So, I was thinking we could go on a date tonight?" He asked. It was out of no where but you were down. "A first date sounds Devine." You said, being enthusiastic.

"Okay, so, I'll pick you up in half an hour?" He asked, he obviously sounded nervous. "Yeah, I'll be ready." You said, getting off of your now messed up navy blue sheets, headed for your closet. "Where are we going?" You asked. "It's a surprise." He said. "Well I need to know what to wear." You said. "Just dress casually." He said. "Okay, see you then!" You said. Clay said buy and you ended the call.

You set your phone down and pulled out some jeans and a graphic t-shirt with Captain America's shield on it. You quickly changed and put on some light makeup. You did your hair into space buns and then threw on your white converse and headed for the front door.

You checked your phone and noticed it was almost nine thirty. You played a game on your phone while you waited, and before long, Clay's familiar car pulled into the small driveway. You smiled and hopped in the passenger seat, buckling your seatbelt and greeting Clay.

He backed out and started down the road again. "Aren't you cold?" He asked, noticing you weren't wearing a hoodie. "No, I tend to be pretty warm wherever I go." You said, but you purposely left your hoodie at home, knowing that Clay would be wearing his iconic green hoodie that you adored.

You drove for a bit, listening to songs and talking about random things, like how you've both liked each other for a long time.

Clay drove until you reached your destination. It was dark, and near a pond. There was a tree near the pond, and lightening bugs danced around in the dark.

"Stargazing?" You asked as Clay turned off the car. You smiled warmly at him. "I thought it'd be nice." He said, smiling back at you.

You both got out and Clay got a blanket from the back seat, and you two made your way down the grassy slope. Clay laid out the blanket and you laid down next to him, and he put an arm around you as you laid your head on his shoulder, resting both your hands on your stomach. 

The stars were beautiful, each one shining bright. Each one had its own story, it was like each star had its own personality, it's own reason to stay alive.

You looked up into Clay's eyes, they looked beautiful under the dim light coming from the moon. The emerald green of his eyes more beautiful than ever as he looked up to the galaxy in wonder.

"You're eyes are beautiful." You said, and that caused his heart to ping. He looked into your e/c eyes. "Yours are beautifuler." He said.

You tried to force away a smile, but to no avail. So you let your smile grow, and Clay's did as well. He pecked you on the lips and you began watching the stars again.

"Look!" He said, pointing. You looked in the direction and saw a shooting star for a split second before it whisked away back into space. "Make a wish." He said.

You took a deep breath. "I wish that this moment could last forever." You said, not wanting it to end. It was so peaceful, and with someone you've known since forever ago, someone you've grown loved since then.

"I wish... I wish that we could spend eternity together, have all our firsts together, grow old and complete this journey of life together." He said, and he was serious.

"I love you Clay." You said, snuggling up to him more. "I love you too N/n." He said. He sat up and you questioned it, but he took his hoodie off and gave it to you. You put it on gladly and it gave you a sense of security, a sense of being loved, a sense that you'd be spending eternity with him. The scent of his hoodie was comforting, along with the soft fluffy material.

You both laid down again and watched the stars for hours before deciding it was getting late. On the way home you fell asleep, Clay made sure to avoid the potholes so that you'd sleep fine until you reached home. (TØP reference hehe~)

▼・ᴥ・▼

I hope you enjoyed! Don't be afraid to request my muffins.