𝙰𝚗 𝚄𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚢 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 - 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖

lowercase intended
tw: breakup? does that count? idk
swearing: yes

this wasn't a request, just an idea i got. in this you're dream's sister, but you're not drista. so yeah, everything between reader and dream is platonic because i'm not about that stereotypical alabama life. no thanks. nope, not happening.

platonic fluff is almost better than romantic fluff anyway.

bruh why do i always get motivation at 2 am

not proofread
| (• ◡•)|

i woke up with a start, something didn't feel quite right. i glanced at my clock and realized it was 6:32 in the morning. i laid back down but just couldn't get comfortable again, so i decided to get up.

i walk down the hall and glance into my brother's room, he had fallen asleep at his desk again. probably got tired of playing minecraft with george for how many hours a day.

i walked into the bathroom and tied my hair up, beginning my morning routine of brushing my teeth and my hair, washing my face, and putting on light makeup.

once i was back in my room i rummaged through mh closet and found an outfit. i was going over to my boyfriend's house today, but something about that made me feel uneasy, but i had no idea why.

i put on (outfit of choice) and went to do something with my hair other than leave it in a messy ponytail.

the house was quiet, so i headed downstairs. i sat on the couch and played on my phone until i heard footsteps on the creaky stairs.

"morning y/n." clay yawned. "morning!" i chirped as he reached the bottom of the stairs, going into the kitchen. i decided to follow him and sit at one of the spinny chairs at the kitchen island.

"why are you all dressed and ready for the day? it's like 8:30." he laughed, and i laughed along. "i woke up early and had nothing better to do. plus i'm going to Todd's at noon so i had a reason to get ready for something." i said.

"you're still dating him? didnt i tell you to stay away from him at school? he's not a good guy, i don't know how you even got into that relationship anyway." clay said, i scoffed. "he's not a bad guy! he's sweet and he hasn't done any of the things that people have rumored at school!" i defended.

"uh huh. well i still think he's a bad guy, his attitude and misleading words, not to mention how he acts around certain people, he's just not the guy." he said. "okay, well we're doing fine right now!" i said, yet again i felt that uneasy emotion deep down inside.

clay and i talked for a bit longer, making me think harder about the relationship i was in. we had been dating for a few months now, and i don't think he's ever lied to me.

noon rolls around and i grab my purse, walking out the front door. "by mom, i'll be back at 5!" i shouted, my dad was at work and clay was probably playing minecraft, so he could care less. "bye sweetie! drive safe!" she said. "i will!" i shouted one last time before closing the door behind me. 'my 17 year old ass is probably gonna crash the car.' i think every time i drive.'

| (• ◡•)|

my converse make contact with the doormat as i knock a few times, not hearing a response. after a few more minutes of me standing at the door, i decide to go inside. todd said he was home alone, but his car was here so he should be coming to the door.

i open the door and step inside. "babe i'm here!" i shouted, but no response. he literally told me to come over at noon, he didn't forget did he?

i walk to the door of the kitchen, and i hear voices. one of them was female. i burst into the kitchen and see him making out with another girl. i immediately realize why i had that feeling inside of me.

"you're cheating on me?!" i shout angrily, the girl backs away a bit. "w- why are you here?!" his eyes were wide with fear. "you invited me dumbass!" i said, the girl stayed quiet, she looked a couple years older than me.

"what the fuck is wrong with you?!" i scream, shoving him with all my force, he yells and stumbles backwards, falling to the floor. "y/n- please, it's not what it looks like!" he shouted.

"this is exactly what it looks like." i said, before screaming profanities at him, he tried to defend himself but all he said were lies. clay was right, todd is a bitch. i broke up with the trash he is and stormed out of the house, right back into the car.

i drove, tears streaming down my face. how was i so blind... when i was told he was bad in the first place?! i sobbed and kept wiping my tears with one arm as my other was busy. on top of the horrible day, it started pouring. but that bit wasn't as bad.

i get home and slam the car door shut, doing the same to the front door. i shove my keys into my purse and throw it across the room, taking my shoes off as well and kicking them away as i sniffled and tried to hold back sobs.

mom had left for work by now so it was just clay and i home. i storm upstairs and into my room, once again slamming the door. clay had seen me in the hall and asked me what happened but i ignored him and walked right past him, trying to hide my tears.

i just needed space right now, i'm sure clay got the memo as he didn't try and come knock on my door. i leaned against my door and slid down it, pulling my knees to my chest and lowering my head as i sobbed.

i began to rethink everything, what i had done wrong, what i could've done better... what made him cheat on me? or was he just a jerk this whole time and i was too blind to know?

about an hour later i hear a soft knock at the door. at this point i'm laying face down on my bed, tear stains on my cheeks and a red nose.

"what?" i said blatantly. clay opened the door a bit, closing it behind him and standing there, my head was already turned away from the door so i couldn't see him, and he couldn't see my expression.

"i brought you some sympathy cookies." he said, his voice sympathetic. i decided to sit up and exist, clay came over and set the package of oreos on my nightstand, sitting on my bed next to me.

"do you wanna talk about whatever happened?" he asked, i started explaining but i started crying again, but i managed to say everything before breaking down again. clay opened his arms for a hug and i immediately jumped into them, burying my head into his shoulder and balling up his hoodie in my hands as i hugged him tight.

he rubbed my back and hugged me tightly, too. he knew i love hugs, we grew up together after all. siblings just tend to get each other.

clay started talking to me, telling me how he didn't deserve me, and how i'm way out of his league. he was comforting me, and after quite a few minutes, i had calmed down a bit, but i was still crying.

i held onto clay for dear life, i've been crying so hard i don't know how i have any tears left.

i broke the hug and wiped my eyes. i looked over at the oreos and smiled a little. "why don't you say we go watch a movie and eat some sympathy cookies?" i asked, managing to keep the small smile.

clay and i went down into the living room to watch Jurassic Park. we had a 'tradition' more or less of eating oreos and watching Jurassic Park when someone was sad. it was just a weird little thing we've always done.

i cuddled into clay's side, partially because i'm cold and partially because i needed another hug. clay wrapped me in a side hug after putting a blanket around my shoulders. he really is the best brother.

| (• ◡•)|

YOOOOO I WROTE SOMETHING!!!!!!