𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 - 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚛 𝚡 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

this chapter isn't gender specific cause it's x any reader!! i realized i didn't have to use any pronouns for the reader so here you go!

this one's shorter than others, 588 words about. it's not really an angst either, it's pretty sweet at the end i think. :)

TW- brief mention of a panic attack, death.

i hope you like :]

~~

        I let my mind wonder as I sat in an empty gas station parking lot, watching the downpour through the front windshield of my car. I sighed as the white rain pounded hard onto the concrete that surrounded me, i don't want to drive in this horrid weather so i'm waiting for it to pass.

I had been waiting here for probably an hour by now, I was bored and it surely didn't help that I left my phone at home. My boyfriend must be worried... but I'm far too scared to drive in this rain, my mother passed away due to driving in heavy rain like this.

Tears come to my eyes remembering the traumatic event that took place around four years ago- it's crazy how fast time passes. There was an emergency where my mum needed to pick up my sister from school as the power had gone out and she had a panic attack, but the nurses did no help for her. As my mum was on her way, something happened and she went off the road, leaving my father, my sister and I devastated and to mourn.

I still mourn, the event led my mental health to a great downfall and it's taken a long time to get out of the unhealthy coping mechanisms, which i will not mention.

I snapped out of my thoughts as the rain started to calm, I was supposed to be home an hour and an half ago... I wiped my tears and tried to stop shaking as I put my boyfriend's hoodie on, getting cold again as I started my car and buckled, carefully pulling out of the parking lot and onto the road. Luckily it wasn't too busy.

I turned the radio on quietly and a random station played as I didn't have my phone for music. I didn't really pay attention to what was over the radio despite trying to distract my mind from the past.

Once I got home I parked and took a shaky breath, glad I got home safely. I took my keys and put my hood up, getting out quickly and running to the front porch, but before I was able to open the door someone opened it for me.

A worried Wilbur with red eyes was quick to embrace me tightly as we both stood under the roof of the porch, the ground wet from the storm. I hugged back tightly and buried my head in his chest, and finally I stopped shaking.

"I was so worried about you..." He spoke, voice hoarse. "You left your phone home and I thought something bad had happened while you were driving." He swayed us back and forth in the hug, not yet letting go.

"I'm sorry Wil... I parked at a gas station until the storm calmed a bit, you know how I hate driving in the heavy rain." My voice was muffled, the back of his shirt balled in my hands.

"It's okay... Let's go inside, I'll make you some tea." Slowly he pulled out of the hug, putting a hand on the side of my face and gracing my skin with his thumb, wiping away a tear. "I love you.." He said, leaning in to kiss me gingerly. I kissed him back before we pulled away and walked inside, his arm around my waist.