Chapter Nineteen

~~Two Weeks Later~~

California, L.A

Its been weeks since Amalie got back from Miami and she had said not one word to anyone but instead cried. Overnight Amalie had turned dumb all of a sudden. Cara had immediately come to rescue when Petra had called even in her pregnancy state she helped Amalie to do things around the house.

Amalie had stayed indoors in the darkness of her room crying her eye balls out. She cried until there was no more tears available to cry.

She would at times sit on the blue couch hugging a pillow or stay in her room crying holding a box of tissue.

"She wouldn't say what's going on or what went wrong in Miami." Cara said silently to Nadia as they arranged the groceries Cara had gone to get while Amalie sat on the couch sulking.

"Did someone break her heart?" I've never seen her like this." Nadia said arranging the eggs into a basket.

"Even Petra doesn't know what's wrong. All she said was, Amalie and Travis went for a movie date and Ama came back crying and told Petra to pack that they were leaving."

"No details."

"Nothing!"

"Do you know this Travis guy?" Nadia said silently. Cara shook her head while Nadia sighed.

Nadia took out a bowl of ice cream and three cups. She scooped ice cream into the cup, took two with two tea spoons and walked to the kitchen which was directly next to the living room. She sat next to Amalie on tissues.

"Oh shit!" Nadia said "seriously? Under the blanket." Nadia dropped the cups on the small glass coffee table right in front of her and dusted the tissues off the sofa with a book.

When she was done she gave Amalie her cup and took hers and rested her back comfortably. Cara joined them after Nadia had pushed the off button of the slow moody song playing. Amalie rested her head on Nadia's shoulder after taking one spoon of ice cream and started another round of tears.

"I should cut of his balls." Nadia said and they giggled. She placed her hands over Amalie's shoulder and hugged her.

"Its okay Ama." Cara side hugged Amalie from the other side.

Coconut Grove,Miami.

"What the hell are you still doing here?" Anne said as she walked into Travis house.

"Hey Anne." He said dropping his glass of wine.

"You're drinking." Anne walked to him and took the glass from him. He took the bottle and gulped from it. Anne took that from with force. "You should be trying to win her back not sitting here and drinking."

"How? She's gone. I've sent texts emails and called nothing. No reply whatsoever."

"Then fly over to California."

"And get rejected officially."

"Its better than this." She walked to his kitchen, poured the wine in the sink, rinsed it and placed it on a rack.

"Stop sulking like a child and get up. No one would help you apologize to Amalie or win her back." She said as she picked up the clothes lingered here and there in his living room. "First shower."

Travis just sat still on the floor staring into the white ceiling.

"Your house stinks. Dad called last night."

"Why? Hope they are happy...they finally ruined my life."

"No one ruined your life. You did that yourself and you're going to fix it." She walked towards him ad tried to pull him up but he wouldn't bulge.

"I can't leave Miami and start a new life in California."

"You sound selfish..I'm sure she was going to do just that if not that you fucked up. Leave her whole life in California and take you." Anne sat on the grey sofa next to him and sighed "choose between staying here and regretting or getting your ass up and flying to California. Choose well." With that she stood up and walked out of his house.

Travis sat there as his mind repeated what his sister just said.

Choose...between Amalie and Miami.

He stood up and ran upstairs to change. As soon as he was done he got out and drove to his parents house. He needed to talk to them. Clear his mind on things.

His parents were busy as soon as he got there. They were having lunch with their close friends and his Uncle. Travis decided to wait but got bored and tired so he asked them to spare him fourth minutes.

"I don't Care if you give me your blessings because I'm going to California to get the person that means a lot to me." Travis blurted out fast before thinking about it

"Good luck." His father just said looking at him. No expression on his face.

"Like that."

"Your parents noticed." His Uncle said smiling while his mother chuckled.

"Noticed? What?"

"We are you parents Travis. We know about this Amalie girl and her daughter Petra. We had stopped the wedding immediately you said so but Isabella had been persistent..." His Mum took his hands.

"Why didn't you guys say so?"

"We didn't want to invade your privacy." His dad said and laughed.

"Go get your girl. And as you're there be thinking of opening a Peterad company up in California." His Uncle said smiling at him.

"Wow!"

"Go!" They said at once.

Travis got home and started to pack after giving his sister a call and telling her about what had just happened. She was excited for him even before anything had started. She came over later to help him pack his clothes while he bought the first flight ticket to California.

"I'm gonna miss you." She hugs him. "When you finally settle down call me." She drew back "And tell her I miss her."

she got back to folding his clothes into the bag. "How are you going to settle down?" She asked concerned.

"I will be fine sis." He hit his sister.

"I know you will be...I'm just gonna miss you. We haven't been miles apart before." She sat on the bed. "Just make sure you get Amalie." she sighed and he laughed at her.

"I'm a call away."

"Yeah right. I'd video call every night believe me."

"Every night."

"Yep." they laughed and continued arranging.

As early as Seven the next day, Anne drove Travis in his car to the airport with both his niece and nephew in the back seat.

They got to the airport in time for checking in. He hugged them goodbye and promised to visit one day.

Travis got into the plane and hoped it was worth while. He took out his phone and a reminder popped up the screen

One week to Amalie's and Petra's birthday.