Chapter Eighteen

Travis packed the unfinished sheet and placed it in the table. His heart racing. He couldn't wait to tell Amalie all he had planned to say when they meet at night.

He had found it had found it hard to concentrate for weeks. All his head had concentrated on was what how he was going to tell Amalie about Isabella. Lately, Isabella had been calling, seducing him via text and giving him a hard time to focus. He had long gone forgotten about Isabella, all he wanted was Amalie and Petra. The only people that made his life matter for once, the only ones that made him have a reason to smile.

He picked his phone and texted his sister telling her he was ready to tell Amalie everything about his past. He picked his bag and walked out of his office.

He stood shortly in front of his secretary who immediately stood up "Cancel all my meetings for today." He said

"But your Uncle scheduled a meeting with a client." She said looking at a folder of his schedules.

"Tell him I went out for something important. He would get it."

"But...."

"Just tell him!" He said sternly.

"Yes sir." She looked at his face and away.

"Thank you." He smiled and walked towards the elevator.

Travis got to his black shiny Benz within two minutes. He drove to his sisters to get the blanket and basket of food she had promised to prepare for the open air movie he was taking Amalie. It was a Festival Miami always hosted at the end of summer.

As soon as he got to down from his car his niece jumped on him. He pecked her on her forehead and dropped her. She took his hand and they walked to the house. When they got in his sister was scolding her son.

"What's wrong?" He whispered to his niece.

"Jayden spoilt the computer upstairs."

"I didn't spoil it dum..." He was cut short by his Mums glare.

"You're grounded for a week."

"Grounded? I didn't do anything."

"Don't let me increase it."

"Fine!" He stormed away murmuring to himself.

Skye walked away immediately her brother left. "Hey bro." Anne smiled walking towards the kitchen. "When is the movie starting?"

"By 8pm. I want to get there when the credits are just rolling in so I can get things off my chest...Aren't you going?"

"Nah..Tyrone is busy tonight and I'm babysitting." She laughed "I made cookies and muffins to fill you guys and sandwiches." She said as she put them into the basket.

"Thanks...Do you think she would not get angry?"

"I'm sure she won't...just tell her before she finds out herself."

"Yeah."

His sister smiled and placed the last covered plate into the basket. "Make sure you have fun." She said as she gave him the basket and blue folded blanket.

He took it from her and placed it at the back of his car then pecked his niece and sister bye. He drove home to prepare himself for tonight.

  Amalie wore the blue flowery sun dress and a low sky blue sneaker she had picked earlier for tonight. She went over to the mirror to style her hair and put on minimal make up on her face. As she did the call with Ella kept on replaying in her head.

Branch Manager!

Something she was didn't see coming. She was bothered about two things. Her life in California and her life in Miami that's if she meant something to Travis, if he actually wants her in his life. Starting a brand new life in Miami bothered her so much, leaving the life she had built in California all of a sudden.