Chapter One.

Chapter One.

Saturday was an eventful day for Amelia Conor Davids, her best friend Cara Livingston soon to be Williams was getting married. Yipee! Cara and Elvis, her hubby had dated for three years before he had proposed to her. Cara wore a long white after party dress, her brown hair styled to a French twist and white sunflower decorated on her hair. Amelia,Cara and Nadia Appleton, their black american best friend, had waited long for the day to come.

While the newly wed couple danced Amalie sat with Petra, her nine year old daughter who was also Cara's flower girl, chatting and jesting. The wore a purple dress, Amalie's dress was armless and hug perfecting on her body with her brunette hair packed up and decorated with a flower.

After a while they mimicked  those with bad and funny dance steps. The best man, walked towards Amalie, his face intent, but he walked past her when he heard her daughter say "Oh Mom.. they're so hilarious".

After her husband Kenth Davids died three years ago, she had become a single mother training her daughter herself

After her husband Kenth Davids died three years ago, she had become a single mother training her daughter herself. Kenth was a pain to Amalie. Whenever she was around him she hadly smiled. He was a drunk, a pathetic loser. When he came home from work, he smelled like rotten eggs and alcohol. When she talked to him, he would raise his voice and slap her, beat her till he was satisfied. She always thought they were both in love.

A year after eloping, they decided to get married officially since both families had accepted the fact their children were in love. Amalie had given birth to their child Petra Davids. It was a quick ceremony, a low-key celebration of just family and friends. A week after the wedding Kenth had turned from his charming self to a mature beast. He came home heavily drunk and at the beginning of this he didn't raise his hands on Amalie, years into the marriage and it became worse. When she questioned him on his behavior,  he would beat he and curse her, raining all kinds of insults on her. Petra was two when all this started.

As the years grew it turned more worse. Amalie had once been found on the kitchen floor bleeding, but it still didn't stop. When Petra turned five he began to beat her also that she was taken to the hospital for months. Amalie had filed for a divorce but he never did answer her. Shortly before Petra turned six, they were filing the divorce papers, days before they were to finalize it in court Kenth was found on the floor in his room gushing blood out of his mouth..He had died on his way to the hospital .

 Amalie had been sort of happy that he had died and at the same time sad, she had mixed feelings. She picked up her life got a job for a month on short notice. With all she gained bought train tickets for her and her daughter to Los Angeles, California.

She had reasons why she had fled her home town Latagnier, Louisiana. It was a small town, she and Kenth had lived in and news flew about. She didn't want to be seen has the stupid young girl who was barely twenty eloped with a monster.