Chapter Seventeen

It was Friday, two more days before she was back to LA. Travis had called yesterday night and made her smile nonstop when they were about to go to bed he told her he needed to talk to her face to face.

She felt happy with that statement. She had being contemplating whether to move to Miami or go back to LA.

She got up from her bed, took her phone and walked to the living area of the suite that would soon become history for her and Petra. She dialed her Mom's number it rang the first two times and went shut. She tried again and her Mum picked on the second ring.

"Amalie..Was in the woods and no service."

"Woods?" Amalie asked scared "What are you doing there?"

"Calm down..I was strolling with the dogs and one ran off so I went to look for it."

"Did you call anyone to go with you?"

Her mum giggled "I'm fine Ama. I'm only old not paralysed."

"I know mum but you have to take care of yourself more. You are ageing."

Eleanor laughed. "Stop worrying about me.. How's Miami? Having fun?"

"Yes Mum. Its a really nice place. Petra is happy for this kind of break."

"I'm sure she is..just like you always glad for an adventure." They both chuckled.

After a minute of silence Amalie looked outside and said "Thanks Mum...for everything."

"What?"

"For not treating me like an outsider even after I eloped with Kenth."

Eleanor giggled and sighed "What kind of mother would I be if I disregarded my own daughter. You bring joy to my heart Amalie and I love you so much."

"I love you to Mum."

"Don't give up Darling."

"Yes mum." She replied and hung up.

Amalie sat on the cushion and looked beyond what was present beside her. She sat thinking back to how life was.

Kenth and her met at one of the school games. He was the star quarter back and she had no business with him. They had just met randomly after one of Kenth's game. She and Carlia had gone for dinner at one of Latagnier popular diners. She was at the counter ordering their food when Kenth walked up and started checking her out.

He told her that day that she looked beautiful and she felt very happy that the schools most popular guy was checking her out. After that day Kenth and her started talk. He had just broken up with popular girl and cheerleader Isabella McClain.

Isabella would always torment her, threatening Amalie and telling Amalie Kent and her were still dating. She had told Kenth and he had told her Isabella wasn't a threat to their relationship and there and then he had asked her to be his girlfriend.

They started dating but her Mum won't hear of it. She told Amalie to stop seeing Kent. She should break up with him so he won't distract her on getting the scholarship to the University of Georgia.
She didn't listen to her Mum's protest. She'd go behind Her back, sneak out of the house and go out with Kenth.

They would go to his game together and after the game whether his team lost or won she'd kiss him. About the time they were to graduate Kenth went to Amalie's house and introduce himself to her Mum but instead of welcoming him Her Mum would send him out telling him not to waste her future.