Chapter Three

"Hello Mrs Davids."  

"I'll prefer if you call me Amalie." She said to the Phone.

"Yes Ma'am. I'm Petra's teacher and it seems to me that Petra is troubled about something."

"What do you mean?"

"She looks distracted by something, she hardly finishes her homework. She had a speech to present to the class but asked for grace. I called because I'm troubled. She is falling behind in class."

"Oh thanks for that. I'd find out what's wrong." Cara knocked her door as soon as she dropped the phone.

"Who's that?"

"Petra's teacher."

"Ohh...that doesn't sound good."

"Yeah I guess"

"So what did the teacher say?"

"Her teacher says Petra's not focused anymore. She hardly finishes her homework."

"Didn't you notice?" Cara came closer.

"Well. She's always home alone when I go on my blind dates."

"Amalie!?"

"What?"

"Couldn't you at least get her a babysitter."

"She seemed fine on her own. I'm sure it's nothing about babysitting."

"Still doesn't matter. When you get back do you visit her room."

"At times."

"I thought you were a better mom than I am."

"You get tired Cara."

"Well I'll get a babysitter."

"Don't trust them." Cara sat down. While Amalie stood to make coffee.

"You'll have to. Or else you deal with it yourself."

"I'll sure do that. Thanks Cara. I have a meeting with Ella soon."

"Alright. I came to get the file"

"What file?"

"The new product launching." Amalie pointed at a drawer opposite Cara.

"Thanks" Cara checked the drawer for the files "Don't forget." Cara said as she left the room.

Amalie thought about what Cara had told her at the office as she drove to the Chinese restaurant Nadia had sent to her .. Another ridiculous date ..She hoped it was something good this time.

Before she walked in she texted Cara about the babysitting.

She wore a red off shoulder dress that stopped above her knee. She opened the door and used her eyes to check for a man sitting alone. There were couples everywhere and few singles.

Her eyes landed on a lanky man with bald head and brown beards. He waved at her but she looked away hoping it wasn't him. She took out her phone and called her date it rang inside the restaurant she looked round and found the same man "oh come on" she said under her breath. She gave him a sarcastic smile and walked to his table.

"I'm Roberto Eddies. You must be Amalie Davids."He smiled.

"Yes that's me." She dragged out her chair and sat.

Before he could say anything the waiter walked towards them.

"Good evening Ma'am, Sir. Want to order?" the waiter said. Amalie glanced at him and gave her the warmest smile she could give at the moment.