Chapter Two

Chapter Two.

A few days after the start of the very eventful new year. Amelia woke up early and headed to her bathroom immediately to brush her teeth and wash her face. She walked out of her room and headed to Petra's, she got scared when she didn't see her in her room she called out but no one replied, she hurriedly walked downstairs still calling Petra.

"Mum I'm here." She let out a deep sigh, walked to her daughter and hugged her tight.

"Why are you up so early?" Amelia asked as she drew back

"I kept on rolling."

"You hungry?"

"Tots." Amalie walked to her fridge took out bread and veg to make a quick Salad for both of them..she set the bread and veggies on the kitchen island then walked to the coffee brewer to start up ..

"We have little stuff at home. Later we will go to the mall and buy some things and your new year dress."

Petra's eyes widened "Yipee! We getting you one also and I'll judge the dresses."

Amalie chuckled "Okay, judge."

"After shopping, can I ride my bicycle at the park?"

"As long as you don't fall."

"Promise!"

"Anything else?"

"Ice cream and Pizza?" She said making it sound like a question.

"You are already asking too much.."

"Sorry Mum. I also want to play with Simone and Blue."

"Invite them for a sleepover since it's a Friday"

"That's way more cooler." She paused "Is that even a word?" She asked and they laughed.

"Hurry and finish your breakfast." Amalie cleaned up what she used, she wasn't hungry so she made coffee for herself. She left her daughter in the kitchen and walked to the sitting room, which was right in front of her. There was an intersection between two rooms, no door, no wall divided it .

She walked to a door under the staircase which was the laundry room

She walked to a door under the staircase which was the laundry room. The clothes she needed to wash were already in the room, she separated whites from coloured clothes and soon Petra would be back to wearing uniforms. She put the whites in one washing machine and the coloured in another. When she was done, she took the small portable vacuum cleaner she had purchased when she bought the house, after she put pillows in the right place she dusted the Teley and the home theatre. She finished what ever cleaning was left and called out to Petra as she walked away. "I'm heading upstairs to shower and change ....don't forget to get your jacket"