Chapter Eleven

A/N: so I'm gonna drop the places cos we already know where its happening. When I need it I'd use it......

Days and hours have passed since they arrived at Miami. Amalie had rarely gone anywhere. She had only been to the bar and to the kids play room to check on Petra or to get her. She sat in the barstool drinking and watching Petra, Skye and Jayden play when her phone began to ring.

It was FaceTime. Cara calling.

As she picked the call she saw cars belly.

"Holy shit! What's that?"

"Belly!" Cara laughed."Hello Miami." Her best friend screamed from the bottom of her belly causing people to stare at her.

"Stop it..They'd kick me out."

"I'm just happy to see you. I had difficulty trying to place my camera on my face. How you doing girl?."

"Well Petra found her place quite early?"

"That's amazing but do not switch the topic. Wait hold on don't tell me you've been staying indoors."

"Well I'm in my comfort zone."

"Hell to comfort. Loosen up. Any date yet oh wait you haven't gone out."

"It's only been a week and the half probably."

"Well Ella misses you."

"Aww. I'd call her later."

"I just want you to be happy okay.... sorry got to go . Got my doctor's appointment in some minutes. I'd call later bye girlfriend." Cara ended the call before she could say bye.

Amalie left Petra in Skye and Jayden's father hands. They were visiting the town and then stop at a park,water park. She had declined the offer to go.

Getting bored already Amalie dressed up and walked out of the hotel not an hour later she saw a book store. She walked to it, stopped to take a close look and walked in.

The bookstore look different from the ones back in California. They all were simple book stores but this one had different views and a particular scent that was inviting.

The doorbell above the door chimed loud to announce a customer. The owner Amalie guessed should be twirled round and smiled.

"Ama!" The next thing the lady said. "Amalie Conor."

Looking straight to the face Amalie could hardly picture."Carlia Winters." They giggled.

"Wooh! It's been pretty long." Carlia walked out of the cubicle to meet Amalie.

Carlia Winters was Ama's highschool friend. The had been close friends way back. They had become friends through a bookstore Carlia worked at.

Amalie found out Carlia was an Isabella pawns who was betrayed.

In their tenth grade, Isabella embarrassed Carlia. She used Carlia's nightmares against her and stole her boyfriend.

Carlia became the schools laughing stock. She lost her boldness. Amalie had seen Carlia at the bookstore in Latagnier reading a book at a corner. And since then forward they had been friends.

But in their last year in highschool Carlia disappeared.

"This place is beautiful."

"Thanks."

"You own this place?" Carlia nodded.

"Let's leave me for now. What about you? How's Kenth? Heard you two eloped after highschool."