Protector ~ L.L.

This was written for 

Thank you for requesting it, love! I hope you enjoy it!

Pairing: Loki Laufeyson x Valkyrie! Reader

Warnings: Mentions of Death

A/N: Why do I hurt myself with the things I write?? 

Word count: 1300 words 

===============================

"I've called you all here today to discuss some things about Loki."

It was a few months after the Battle of New York. Loki had been imprisoned within the tower for the time being and was nothing but a pain in the ass.

     He was even more 'Loki' than usual. He would constantly make remarks and never held his tongue. He made sure that every agent or Avenger that stepped in front of his cell left due to fear. He was antsy and aggravated. The cell providing little to nothing for him to do. He was growing wore as the days passed. It finally got to the point where Fury had to call the Avengers for an emergency meeting concerning him.

"Loki has become more hostile since imprisonment. We can't send him back to Asgard until all the damage he caused is fixed. We need to find a way to let him get out this aggression before he hurts anyone else." Fury stated.

"We can't just let him out. That would be like giving an arsonist a box of matches and putting him in a dry wheat field." Tony argued.

"You don't think I know that Stark? Thor," Thor nodded, "is there anything you could bring from back home that may help him release some of his anger?" Thor sat pondering for a few moments. Then it hit him.

"There may be something."

"Spit it out point break," Tony said.

"Well, its sort of a someone and not a something-"

"No. We cannot risk bringing any more of you guys to Earth."

"Fury, hear the man out. If this person can clam down Loki, not only would we not have to deal with his anger, we can possibly get information from him," Steve said.

Fury sighed. "Who are they?"

"A Valkyrie." Thor stood up.

"I'm sorry, who?" Tony asked.

"When we were children, we were told tales of the legendary Valkyrie. They were female warriors who served under Odin. They killed those who were worthy to enter Valhalla. Unfortunately, they were all killed in a battle against Hela, the goddess of death. Except for one. Now, my brother was one who attracted trouble and constantly got hurt. My mother dubbed the last Valkyrie as Loki's protector when he was a baby. She was by his side day and night. She's the only one asides from my mother that can calm him."

Fury stood in silence for a moment. "You get once chance Thor. If I don't see results within a week, or they try anything funny, they'll be locked up with Loki."

"Understood sir."

"Meeting dismissed."

     You were in Loki's room, sitting on the ledge of the open walls, leaning against one of the stone pillars, when someone burst in. You refused to pay attention to them.

     You were Loki's own Valkyrie. You were gifted immortality after your battle with Hela and was to stay by Loki's side until he died. You were his protector. His mentor. All of that. You were there with Odin fighting the frost giants and killing Laufey when Loki was found. Odin took him in as his son. Soon after, you were dubbed his protector and you helped to raise him. You were there through everything. While helping to raise him, he took to you quickly. As he got older, he only clung to you even more. And he was the only one who was allowed to call you by your real name. He liked you even more than his own mother, but he would never admit that. But you stayed by his side and watched him grow.

You were there with Odin when he told Loki about his true identity.

Your heart broke at his reaction.

     And when Odin was taken away to the healers, you sat on the steps of the vault with him. He asked you if you knew about his true identity too. You told him that you did, but you never knew about Odin's intentions. You knew that he was angry and hurting. You said nothing more and reached for his hand. He took it and that's when he let the tears flow freely. You pulled him into your side and hugged him.

Two hours later, Frigga had found you two on the steps; Loki still in your embrace.

     It was never the same since then. Loki became cold and harsh towards everyone but you and his mother. You knew he was going through something. When Loki fell from the Bifrost, you felt like you had lost yourself.

     Ever since then, your mood dropped drastically. You were panicked at all times, not being able to be with him. You were anxious. You couldn't even find him and tell if he was alive through your shared connection. When you had been dubbed his protector, you formed a bond with him. Whatever he felt, you felt. You could tell him better than his own mother. He loved you and you loved him. So when he was just up and gone, his connection cut off from you, you cut yourself off from everyone else. You only talked to the Queen on occasions, but other than that, you remained in his room

"Valkyrie!" It was Thor. You continued to ignore him and looked out onto the rest of Asgard. He sat down on the ledge with you. "I bring news of Loki."

You turned to him.

"What?"

"Loki is alive, but you must know something." And he told you everything. All that Loki did and why he was locked up.

     You were devastated. Your Loki, killing innocents and wreaking part of the mortal world. You almost didn't believe it. But you had to see for yourself. You were our of the palace before Thor even had time to catch up to you. You sprinted out of the palace gates and down the Bifrost, Thor a few yards behind you. You slowed to a stop in front of Heimdall.

"Heimdall, I need you to open the Bifrost, please." Thor finally caught up and nodded in agreement. Heimdall knew that you had to go to Midgard.

     Within a matter of seconds, you were on Earth. Taking in your surroundings, you appeared to have landed on a landing pad. You took a step towards the doors then stopped. A cold, relieving feeling had washed over you. It was your connection with Loki returning. You could now feel where he was. Once again you took off sprinting. Ignoring the shouts coming from Thor.

     You ran through many halls and several flights of stairs before you reached his cell. Loki sat inside. He looked defeated. His hair was wild and he wore a simple shirt and pants. He was stripped from who he was. He was leaning against one of the walls with his eyes closed. You went over to a panel on the wall. You had no clue as to what kind of technology this was, but you pushed a button and his cell unlocked and the door opened. Loki didn't even open his eyes at the sound. You stood at the threshold.

"Loki."

      He knew that voice. His eyes opened and he shot up from off the floor. You were really standing before him; his Valkyrie. He whispered your name. You crossed the threshold and took his face in your hands.

"My dear, what happened?"

Loki said nothing and embraced you instead. You rubbed soothing circles on his back as you two stood there.

There weren't any more problems with Loki after you arrived.

All he needed was you. His protector.