To Save a Life, At The Cost of One. T'Challa x Reader

Infinity war has left me damaged.

But guess what, it's summer. MORE UPDATING.

-Abbie

--------------------

Today was the day.

Today was the conference in Vienna about the Sokoiva Accords.

I finish adjusting my outfit and necklace making sure it was perfect.

"You look fine sithandwa sam." [1]

I turn around to find my loving husband and prince of Wakanda: T'Challa Udaku. He walks over to me and pulls me into his arms.

"And you look as dashing as ever," I mutter as I give him a quick kiss. I pull away and grab the kimono bead bracelet that Shuri Made for me.

"It everything alright (Y/N)? You seem nervous." T'Challa asks me. I sigh.

"I just. . . I have a feeling that something is going to happen today. Something bad." T'Challa walks over to me and pulls me into a loving hug.

"I can assure you, my love, everything is going to be fine." He assures me. I put on a smile; if only he knew.

T'Challa and (Y/N) enter the building where the United Press Conference is being held. Upon entering (Y/N) is dragged away from her husband to sign papers. T'Challa stands by the glass windows, holding onto the railing. He hears the name 'Romanoff' and turns around. He walks over to Natasha.

"I suppose neither  of us is used to the spotlight." He tells her.

"Well, it's not always so flattering." She replies.

"You seem to be doing alright so far." T'Challa glances over at his wife, who is still being bombarded for her signatures. "Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill, I didn't think it would be particularly comfortable in this company."

"Well, I'm not." She continues.

"I'm very glad that you are here Miss Romanoff."

"Why? You don't approve of this?"

"The accords, yes. The politics, not really." He pauses. "Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred." He finishes just as his father, King T'Chaka, walks up to him.

"Unless you need to move a piano." King T'Chaka smiles.

"Baba." T'Challa returns the smile.

"Miss Romanoff." The King turns to Natasha.

"King T'Chaka, please allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria," Romanoff asks.  

"Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all of this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today."

"Yes so am I." Just as they finish, a man over the loudspeaker asks for everyone to get in their seats.

"That is the future calling. Such a pleasure. " T'Challa announces as Natasha walks away. His father then beings to talk to him in Wakandan.

On the other side of the room, (Y/N) finishes signing papers and walks to her respective spot beside the king as his bodyguard, while her husband stands a yard away from them.

The conference has begun.

"When stolen Wakandan vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria were part of a goodwill mission from a country too long in the shadows. We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative." (Y/N) hears shouting coming from the ground below. It's happening. She tells herself. T'Challa hears it too.

"Wakanda is proud to extend its hand in peace."

"EVERBODY, GET DOWN!" T'Challa shouts as he runs to protect his wife and father. People duck behind their seats.  But it was too late. (Y/N) shoves the king out of harms path, allowing herself to take the blow. T'Challa and T'Chaka are blown back as the explosion shatters the glass, spreading fire and black smoke everywhere. The force of the explosion rocks the building.

When the smoke clears, T'Challa crawls to find his wife amongst the rubble. Ash is floating in the air, parts of charred building litter the ground with small fires here and there. Ignoring the ringing in his ears, T'Challa searches on. Once he finds her, his world comes crashing down. There she lays. Her clothes torn and singed in various places, lying still. T'Challa trys shaking her to wake up. But she is still unresponsive. He scrambles to check her pulse, tears streaming down his face. Nothing. No pulse. He pleads for her to come back, cradling her in his arms. 911 responders have to pry him away from his wife's body.

From that moment on, he swore to find however did this, whoever killed his wife, and kill them.