// thirty-four //

•Perfectly Out Of Place•

••••••

••••••

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

••••••

M A R I N A 'S T R A G E D Y was a murder, and sadly, that's what Reina thought of the second she heard about the news. It felt like years passed since Mateo came to pick her up, looking distraught after what Reina told him through the phone.

He saw her - the bloodshot eyes, booze smell radiating off of her body and the heartbroken face when he finally took her out of the school, wanting to take her home, but Reina asked, no, she pleaded to be brought home to her parents, someone she didn't want to go to, but had to.

Life was cut short for Marina, and no matter how much Reina wished to follow, one strand of breaking hope still kept her going. The maybe that her life would someday see daylight was what kept her breathing, and Mateo was there for her on all fours.

Mateo listened to what the devastated girl wanted and drove her home, but didn't let her face her family on her own. No matter how much he disliked seeing his son-in-law, Mateo threw his principles away just to be there for Reina.

The two entered the house, Mateo holding Reina's shaking body in a warm embrace, his jacket on her shoulders as Reina continued to stare to the ground as if Marina would pop out of it.

Reina stopped abruptly as soon as she heard shouting from the living room, a sound she hadn't missed, voices even her drunken state could decipher into being her father and mother. Mateo stopped besides her, seeing Reina feel even worse. "Do you have any idea what you've done to our image?!" Alejandro shouted, causing Reina to rest against the wall as Mateo wanted to walk inside to shut the man up, but Reina grabbed his wrist, stopping her grandpa. "This isn't funny nor it is of use to us, Gabriela!"

Crying could be heard and Reina knew it was her sister Gabi, crying softly as Alejandro went off onto his usually favored daughter. "Why would you do it?" Susana then questioned sadly, her voice sounding calmer than her estranged husband's, but disappointed nonetheless. "Bullying is the worst kind of thing you could do!"

"You taught me!" Gabriela then yelled, her voice breaking as Reina listened with closed eyes, that moment her consciousness bringing out the memory of Maria talking about Gabriela and her hatred for the new Italian girl Nora.

No matter how fucked up whatever Gabriela did sounded, Reina could've cared less, because Marina was killed. Her friend was dead and nothing changed the fact that Reina was just as bullying as Gabriela. "You taught me I shouldn't look equally to those who don't deserve it!" Gabriela screamed and Mateo seemed to have had enough as he broke free from Reina's hold and made himself present.

youngblood // elite 1.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें