// eight //

•Secrets and Lies•

••••••

••••••

R E I N A was on her phone, not looking where she was going until she bumped into Ander, him catching her by her waist before she could fall down. "Easy there, beautiful," he chuckled, steading her on her feet so the girl finally met his eyes, smiling and quickly hugging him. "Hey."

"Hi," she whispered affectionately, letting herself dwell in his arms before pulling away to smile, but Ander instantly noticed something off about her.

He gave her a raised eyebrow so the Ojeda female sighed deeply, meeting his bright brown eyes. "It's my dad," she began, leaving her boyfriend to roll his eyes angrily and stand straight. "He wants me to bring you to this family dinner so we can't go out on a date as we had planned and I'd prefer."

"Can you say 'no' to him?" Ander asked, preferring to spend time alone with Reina than to have to go through an excruciating Reina's family dinner. When Mateo was there, it at least went easier, the elder not letting Alejandro have his way, and even then the dinner's would end up on a chilly note. But Ander knew of the situation between Reina's father and grandfather so Mateo was a rare guest in their household.

Reina narrowed her eyes, raising her hand to touch his cheek. "If I say no, he says no to you, and I cannot let him do that. I know it sucks, baby, but it's just a dinner. Besides, that skank Paloma's gonna be there so he'll behave better," she said with a guilty face, playing with his raised collars so Ander sighed deeply before resting his forehead against hers.

The girl felt herself smile, knowing she had won him over again, even if she felt horrible Alejandro still treated Ander as if he was a bad guy, hurting Reina, but she didn't know a lot of things. Alejandro wasn't half wrong and it was eating Ander away that for once her psychopathic father was right. "I'll treat you the next time he leaves on a business trip?"

"Alright, alright," Ander nodded with a small smile so Reina chuckled and kissed him gently before pulling away as Guzman watched them from afar, wanting the couple part ways so that he could question the redhead.

What he saw left him confused and he didn't like it one bit. Guzman knew Reina would also dislike it, but it was Ander so she must have known, because if the blond Nunier knew anything it was that Reina knew Ander the most. Or did she?

Guzman watched Ander walk off so he waited for a second before approaching Reina from behind, leaning his chin on her shoulder. The girl stuttered before quickly spinning around, but then just sighed, seeing it was only her best friend. "Don't worry, I'm not the influencer," he commented with his usual grin leaving Reina to scoff and take out her books. "Though from what I've seen you're enjoying him too."

"What do you want, Guzman?" Reina asked with a knowing look, meeting the blue eyes of the guy who looked rather taken aback by her straightforwardness before quickly shrugging.